Chapter 10

There it was, the news about your sisters and their whereabouts. This was your chance to go out and find them. There was so much you wanted to know, why they did what they did.

You were sent to Winstons' office where you found Marcus and John. Winston was sitting at his desk sorting through files. He wasn't the one to look through things like this, but you were someone whom he deemed close. He was going to help you whether you liked it or not. 

'Sarah and Maia are still in the district, they're just on the other side of the city'.

'Why did they stay here? They know that what they did was against the Guild'.

You say as you take the file that was handed to you, it contained multiple photos of both of your sisters.
Your eyes begin to sting as you look through the many photos, they didn't look the same. They weren't the same and it terrified you.
You jumped when you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder and you look up to see Marcus. He was finally by your side and you were glad because you needed all the help you could get.

'We have others who are willing to help'.

'So many people?

'They know of the people who you sisters have joined'.

You're interested now, so they didn't go "rogue", you take the second file from Winston.
A group called Byranox, the group had been founded years ago but the Guild was much older. They were far from friendly and had been an enemy to The Continental and Guild put together.

'The woman in charge. Her name is Scarlette Luna'.

'She sounds like a real bitch'.

Neither of the men respond, they keep on reading through multiple files. Sabrina had mentioned her', Marcus suddenly said and you perked up because Sabrina was your mother.

'What're you talking about? My mother knew this woman?'

John had joined your side this time and showed you the photos of the leader of Byranox. 

Holy shit she's beautiful.

The womans' features were narrow and her lips were small but her eyes were wide as saucers. Her hair had been pinned back and she wore a tight sleek dress, well who knows how old that photo was, you wonder what she had said to Sarah and Maia. It must be something significant.
Your heart skipped a beat when you thought about yourself, and what you would do if they said something that meant so much to you... Were you sisters being blackmailed? Or were they cold blooded?

'(Y/N)?'

You look up to see that all three men were staring at you, 'uh sorry, I missed what you said'.
John put the files together, 'we're going to send the first group out-', you shake your head, 'why can't I go with them?'
The look John gave you was enough to tell you that it was final, you weren't going anywhere, at least not yet.

+

Your parents.

Sabrina and Max Tibiani.

Three daughters.

Your parents loved all three of you and they wanted what was best but sometimes their decisions weren't always right and it would lead to consequences. Max was the one who went out for the contracts and to keep you all safe, but every now and then your mother would go out as well.
You flick through the old photo album that you had kept in your drawer near your bed. You were waiting for the next report. It wasn't meant to go like this, where groups would go out... Where everything and everyone was controlled. It wasn't what you wanted and Winston knew that but he had to do this. The Byranox were not as powerful as The Continental, but they were still power none the less and the last thing they needed was a messy attack.
One photo that you loved the most was when you were all in the lobby... Almost everyone. Your mother was still beautiful and your father was handsome. Sarah, Maia and you were cheeky little kids, and Marcus was a lot younger than he was now along with...
Your eyes land on John... Much younger than he is, he was in his late teen years. That how much older he was and you couldn't help but find the age gap hot.

'Something funny?'

You look up to see John enter the room, he stands next to the bed but you motion for him to join you. He's hesitant before joining your side. The bed creaks as John awkwardly positions himself.

'Oh, that photo'.

He says and you smirk, 'yes that photo, it's my favourite you know? I can't believe how young you were back then'.

'What about you?'

'Forget about me, you look amazing- not saying that you don't look good now I just mean-'.

John smiles at you when you stop talking, 'I'm digging myself a bigger hole, but you know what I mean'.

'Of course I do'.

You flip through a few more pages but you have trouble looking at pictures of your sisters. Two living beings that were connected to you by blood.

'Hey'.

You don't look at John but he gently grabs your chin and turns your head so that you're looking into his eyes, 'we're going to find them, alright'.

'We're going to find them? You aren't going to help me-'.

'(Y/N), don't start'.

You weren't going to let John take control, it wasn't his battle. You try to pull away from John, but he holds onto you, 'listen, you can't go out there alone, not with Byranox out-'.

'Let go, I'm going alone, it's better that way!' 

John suddenly pulls the book away from you and rolls on top of you in an effort to hold you down, 'you're not going alone and that's final. Winston and Marcus know that it's best to-'.

'I'm not a fucking child anymore John!'

'I'm aware of it! But you need to think of others around you! The Continental was under attacked by Byranox years ago, we don't want to be attacked again!'

'We're still going to attack them!'

'Not the way you think!'

'John get off of me!'

You struggle against him but he pushes you into the mattress and presses his forehead against yours, 'I know you want to fight, but you need to calm down', John pushed forward. He was trying his best to calm you and you had to admit, you had to give him kudos for that. You stop struggling for a few moments, your muscles were aching. 

He has a point and you're bound to mess u and put everyone elses' life in danger.

He's still lying on top of you and you instantly knew what would happen, 'no'.
John frowned, 'no?' 

'I said no, we're not doing this'.

'(Y/N) I-'.

'You run away every single time and it's pissing me off, you make me feel terrible when you do that, it's like I'm something to mess with when you're in the mood'.

John shakes his head slowly, 'no, you're not something to mess around I- I've just been having trouble with....'.
He sighed and moved off of you, 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel that way'.

'If you're going to do it, you won't run away?'

He was clearly surprised to hear that from you, 'I uh... Are you sure you want to?'

'If I wasn't, then I wouldn't say anything'.

He's quiet for a few moments before he shoves you back down on the bed.