Chapter 12

'Your sisters were spotted in Central Avinon'.

Marcus said as he went through the new photos, 'now (Y/N)', he turned to you and you kept quiet, trying your best not to say anything stupid. Marcus looks you straight in the eyes, 'don't do anything stupid, you're the best person to interact with Sarah and Maia, but you mustn't get too attached to them'. 

'They're my sisters Marcus I-'.

You stop talking when you realize that you're treading on thin ice. John is by your side as he examines the extra photos, 'the group is in that area and we need to find Luna, otherwise, she'll do more harm than before'.

'She's attacked others?'

John nodded, 'I've lost some good friends because of her... Which is why I'm taking this mission with you... This is just as personal for me as it is for you'.
He placed the file of photos back on the desk and waited for further instructions. Normally he would do things himself, but this was situation was fragile and he knew he needed all the help he could get, especially when this was an enemy of everyone.

Scarlette Luna. 
She's an enemy, someone that your parents know and, by the sounds of it, hate.

+

The street was quiet... Too quiet

Central Avinon was an eerie place and you feel like you need to go back to the hotel, where you would feel safe. But you can't go back, at least not now. 
The lamps up ahead were dim, but bright enough to light your way, you were stepping into danger and you were worried but you knew that you had eyes on your. You were safe and not alone.
You jump when you hear the wings of a bird, a crow to be specific. No one else was out here but you.

'And you must be (Y/N)?'

You jump once again and spin around to see a man, around Johns' age at least. He was tall and thin, his face was clean shaven and his clothes were neat... Looks like he recently ironed them.
You stay still for a while as you examine the man, he seemed to notice your sudden silence, 'I had a feeling you would come... Is there anyone with you?'

'No, I'm here to talk to my sisters, and only my sisters'.

The man chuckled and looked down at his feet, 'I'm sorry but that won't be necassary, you see, they don't particularly want to see you'.

'That's interesting, is it because they're ashamed of what they had done?'

The man took a sudden step towards you and your fingers twitch, you weren't alone, but he was closer to you.

'They don't regret anything, and I'm pretty good a persuading'.

'Oh... So their betrayal was your doing?'

The man smiled gently at you, 'the name's James... I was hoping to talk to you as well. You're lucky to have gotten out alive, the plan didn't go well'.

'So what? you're going to try and persuade me?'

James shrugged, 'yes? Is there a problem?'

You couldn't believe the nerve of the man, 'it takes a lot to persuade me buddy', James cocked an eyebrow at you and this time you're not quite certain with yourself.

'Oh yeah? Lets just say that I know your parents, Sabrina and Max? They were part of this group before they joined The Continental-'.

'Wait, hold on they were never with you!'

James tapped his temple, 'that's what Winston made you believe, you were only children, you and your sisters> I don't think you would have remembered much. Sabrina and Max had moved just before Sarah was born and then came you and Maia'.

'What're you getting at?'

James held out his hands, 'that Byranox is not the enemy here, but The Continental is'.

'How? They haven't done anything'.

'Not just yet, but when I was with them, Winston hadn't done anything to me until I was much older'.

Winston?

You listen to him carefully but you'ere finding it hard to believe, 'alright... So you say that Winston has done something to you? What did he do?'
James shook his head, 'that doesn't matter right now, you need to come with me and-'.

'No, I'm quite alright, I don't need to come with out, I'm only here for my sisters'.

'You'll see them when you come with me'.

You don't know what to do because you didn't expect this to happen. You don't want to give yourself away though.

'I'm coming'.

Was all you heard and you noticed James tense, 'what- John? What're you-', you hear a soft gunshot and James is on his knees. John passes you and you see that he's shot James with a silencer.

'Where's Scarlette?'

John instantly starts to interrogate and he approaches the fallen man.
James glares up at him, 'so, you're with Winston still? You shouldn't trust that man-', John points the gun at him once again.

'I shouldn't trust him? He wasn't the one who shot down my friends those years ago'.

'That's not my fucking fault!?'

'But you're saying that Winston is the problem here?'

James is lying in a pool of his own blood and he's growing weak, 'John? I think we should get him patched up and sent back to the hotel... Winston can have a word with him'.
You stare down at James, 'so... Are you alone?'

'Yeah, I was telling the truth unlike you'.

'But how would you know that I was here?'

'Security systems, I'm in charge and whenever there's a disturbance, I report right back to Luna'.

'A bit dumb of you to come out and face me then... Why'd you come out here then? You thought you could face me?'

You can't help but smile but James didn't seem to react the way you'd hoped, instead he nodded, 'yeah, I assumed I would've been able to handle you, after all', he sneered up at you, 'you are a girl'.

John was had struck him straight across the face, knocking him out cold.

'You know... It would have been nice if you let me have the shot'.

You grumble.