Prologue

Prologue

"Congratulations, Miss Walker. Your ex-husband has finally signed and submitted the divorce papers..." when she heard that approval from her attorneys just through the phone call, it was already enough for her.

Her heart sunk deeply, but couldn't be much prouder that she was finally out of the relationship that wasn't working anymore.

She could still remember signing those papers and dropping the pen after filing her last signature. Those are the times she had to make a huge decision, but also a smart move for someone who wanted to be free from toxic and stressful marriage.

She would wake up now greeting no one, but herself—and that's fine with her. At this point in her life, a man won't fulfill anything in her life anymore. She's over it. She's over the days of getting hurting every single day for a relationship that's not healthy.

"Stacia, dear," a woman in a white dress comes in her direction, kissing her cheeks. "I was so glad you could join us today."

Stacia greeted the woman with a huge smile on her face. "Of course, why not, right? This is your special day and I wouldn't like to miss it. Swerte mo kaya sa asawa mo."

Rogina giggled and nodded. "Thank you, swerte rin siya sa akin. Don't worry." Hagikgik pa nito na may kasamang mahinang palo sa braso. "May ipakikila ako sa 'yo. Gusto mo ba? Mga kaibigan iyon ni Gerard."

Napangiwi naman si Stacia saka ito umiling. "Ay, naku! Hindi na, Rog."

"Ikaw ang bahala," dagdag pa ni Rogina. "Maiwan muna kita saglit, ha? Kausapin ko lang din ang ibang bisita."

"No worries," she said. "Congratulations ulit, Rog."

Rogina mouthed thank you before she went to the other guests and talked to them.

Stacia turned around to look for a waiter serving some wines. Wala siyang makitang sa kinatatayuan niya kaya siya pumunta ng counter bar where she gets one for herself. As soon as she gets there, tinanong lamang siya ng bartender doon at mabilis na binigay ang kanyang hiling.

Now, she looked back where all the guests are looking at them each while sipping on her glass.

They are all happy, living the life they imagined it to be, they were with their loved ones. Stacia has the first two things, but not the last one. She's alone at this wedding right now. Ironically, she got divorced, but still, keep attending weddings as if her marriage was a good one.

Though she's not forcing herself not to believe in marriage anymore. Nagkataon lang na hindi maganda ang naging takbo nito. So, why would she keep going further to a commitment when it doesn't help her anymore? Sasaktan lamang niya ang sarili niya if she would keep ignoring all the wrong things.

But she wouldn't lie, it was still a good marriage until it all went down so bad it wasn't good anymore.

"You're with someone here?"

Napatingin naman agad si Stacia sa nagsalita. Napatingala ito nang makita ang lalaking nakasuot ng silver coat. Napansin pa nito na medyo mamuti-muti na rin ang balbas.

Stacia recognizes the man. He's the best man of Rogina's new husband.

"Well, I am," she said, smiling flaunting her rosy cheeks.

"Then you might need a company then," he added, chuckling then resting his elbow on the edge of the bar counter asking the bartender for a drink. "Are you leaving anytime soon?"

"Probably," tipid na sagot nito. "But I don't have something to do when I got home... I might be watching the encore late-night shows again." He laughed at what she said. "How about you?"