Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Hindi makapupunta si Brian mamaya. Thamara isn't answering my calls naman, and I know you can't stay for the night dahil may work ka bukas and I wouldn't ask you to stay. You've got a whole life out there and I don't want to put you in this box that you always have to look and care about me and my son."

Jordan grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to him, wrapping her arms around him and he did the same thing to her. He rested his head on hers while he was rubbing her back smoothly. He cared so much about her that she didn't want to make her feel any less. 

"Hey, I don't mind staying here with you tonight. Yeah, I've got work tomorrow, but I could go and leave tomorrow morning. I don't want to leave you here tonight and I'll get back home and sleep comfortably on my bed while you are here. Don't think about it for now. I want to be with you."

Iniangat naman ni Stacia ang tingin kay Jordan. "I appreciate you. Everything you do for me. I never had someone like you before in my life. Someone who doesn't even know me deeply, but would do anything even though that may take their time or personal stuff away. . ."

"I love what I do when I'm with you so it doesn't feel like you were taking my time away from me. . . It doesn't feel like that for me. Don't ever think that, okay?"

"Okay. . . Thank you. . ."

He giggled. "No problem. Now, what do you want for dinner?"

Stacia shrugged off. "Anything you'd like to have, I would have it, too. . ."

"Sure thing. I'll be back later." Jordan kissed Stacia on the cheeks before leaving the hospital's private room.

Napabuntonghininga naman si Stacia at saglit lamang ay narinig ang pang-aasar sa kanya ng anak nito.

"Yie, si Mama. . ." panunudyo pa ni Kian. Nilingon naman nito ang anak at hindi mapigilang mapangiti. "Mukhang hindi maalis ang tingin mo kay Jordan, Ma, ha? Di bale, okay lang 'yan. . . Masaya ako para sa inyong dalawa."

Lumapit naman si Stacia sa anak nito at niyakap nang mahigpit. "Thank you, Kian. . . Alam mong mahal na mahal din kita." Nang umalis ito sa pagkayayakap sa anak ay halos nangingilid pa ang luha sa gilid ng mata. "Alam mo bang natatakot akong ipaalam sa 'yo kung anong meron kaming dalawa ni Jordan ngayon dahil alam mo na. . . Ayokong ipamukha sa 'yo ang taong kakakilala ko lang din naman."

Napangiti naman ito. "Naiintindihan ko naman po. . . No'ng makilala ko si Tita Marlyn, hindi ko naman agad naintindihan kung bakit nagkaroon kaagad ng ibang partner si Dad. Gusto kong magalit. . . Gusto kong sabihin sa kanya na bakit hindi na lang kayo magkabalikan ulit? Nagalit ako. . . Gano'n din naman ang naramdaman ni Ate Tham. . ."

Napabitaw naman ito nang malalim na hininga. "I'm sorry you have to go through this because of me and your father's indifferences. Our separation led us to this situation. . . I knew if we were still together, you wouldn't end up in this place. . ."

Napailing naman si Kian. "Hindi niyo naman po kasalanan kung bakit nandito ako ngayon. . . It was me. It was my fault. I was just being reckless and there I paid for it."

"And we're all grateful you survived the accident. . ."

Kian smiled, nodding his head. "Me, too,  Mom. . . But how did you meet Jordan? Tell me something I don't know, Mom."

Stacia giggled. Remembering how it all started, she didn't want to spill the specific moment they had in the restroom, but she guessed she could still tell him some of the things that wouldn't make it less awkward.