Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Tell me, why aren't you in a relationship when you've been such a gentleman?" Stacia asked him, while his arm was over her shoulder and playing his hand with her fingers. She was just tracing every line and nerve on it. She thought the bulging nerves on his arm were hot enough to make her feel a lot of things.

Napangisi naman ito. "You tell me. Why you're not in a relationship with me?"

Stacia couldn't help but smile when facing him. She put his hand on his face. "No way you would want to be in a relationship with me. It doesn't seem like you're the kind of person who will do that."

"Are you sure?" he questioned, raising his brow. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me yet and there was only one way to know about it."

Stacia laughed. "I wish I can. . ." The smile on her face somehow faded away. "I feel like I couldn't have fun while my son was in a coma. I didn't deserve to be happy when he was suffering. I will put him first before anything. His happiness is my happiness. Even if he hated me for what happened to me and his father, he would always be my priority."

"Of course, he is. . ." Jordan rubbed his hand on her arm, just to comfort her. "But don't forget that you need to be happy, too. Ignoring your own happiness might not be good for you. It is something you shouldn't do. Something you shouldn't forget."

Napitaw na lamang nang malalim na hininga si Stacia. Natamik ang dalawa habang ang tunog lamang mula sa machine ang tanging nagbibigay ingay sa loob ng kwarto. Stacia knew that Jordan's presence here wouldn't last long. She was thinking he was just looking for something else, but she also needed the comfort he was giving to her so she couldn't let him go. Letting him go would be the last thing she could do now.

"What do you think will happen to us?" Stacia asked.

"What do you think?" Jordan countered the question back to her. "I think we'll be fine. . ."

Hindi sumagot si Stacia at pasimple itong bumitaw ng hininga. Mayamaya lamang ay may kumatok sa pintuan. Naapalis si Stacia mula sa pagkakaakbay ng lalaki sa kanya at sinilip kung sino ang dumating. Umaasa ito na doctor na ang dumating at may magandang balita para sa kanila. She was very hopeful not until she saw who came in. It was Brian and his partner, Marlyn.

Her smile quickly faded when she saw them holding their hands and how she was placing her hand on her stomach. It doesn't seem like she was pregnant, but to her instinct, she could be. Nakangiti pa ito sa lahat. She thought she was too kind and sweet, but she didn't know what kind of reaction to show to them when she just found this all out today.

"I'm sorry, we just stopped by," Brian started. Napatingin din ito kay Jordan. Tahimik naman si Jordan na nakaupo sa tabi. "Marlyn and I just came to see our doctor. She's pregnant. . ."

"Oh," ang tanging salita na lumabas sa bibig nito. "Congrats, Marlyn. . . Did I get your name, right? I hope I did."

"Yes, thank you. . ." Mahinhin pa nitong sagot at ngiti kay Stacia. "We just found it out the other day and we thought it would be best to consult a doctor so we can be assured that I was really pregnant."

"I see. . ." tipid nitong tugon kay Marlyn.

"Where's Thamara?" Brian asked, cutting off their conversation. "I thought she would be here and I thought I wouldn't find you here anymore."

"You know I can't do that, Brian," Stacia said. "I just can't leave my son alone. If you think that I will just do it, believe me, you don't know what I can do my child. I guess, you've got more important things to look after now that you've one coming from your side piece."