Chapter 2

Chapter 2

She walked into her room, started putting her clothes on, and later on was followed by Jordan who just got out of the shower half-naked. Iniwas ni Stacia ang tingin kay Jordan. She doesn't know what to feel, but she knows that she didn't do anything wrong yet that what she did made her feel a little guilty because of the underlying situation that has been going on.

Jordan came to her behind, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head over her shoulder. But that didn't last as soon as Stacia slowly took his hands off of her and shook her head.

"I believe this wasn't the right time for this, Jordan," she said, still not even a glance at his eyes.

His forehead creases trying to understand her. "What do you mean?" Namuo na lamang ang pagtataka sa isip ni Jordan.

Hindi sumagot si Stacia at tinapos na lamang nito ang pagbibihis. "I have to pack up some clothes for my son and bring it back to the hospital."

"I know, that's why you went back home for that," he said, still guessing what was going on. "But you don't have to deprive yourself. You said you haven't gotten enough sleep so might as well get some first and later, I'll give you a ride back to the hospital."

Mabilis na umiling si Stacia bilang pagtanggi. Nilingon niya si Jordan, ngumiti at hinawakan ito sa braso at malamyang hinimas iyon. "You're good man, Jordan. You know that, but what happened between us now is something we have to put away."

"You're not having an affair with me, Stacia," he said as his tone sets in-depth and serious. "You're divorced, and I know you deserved someone to support you. I can be that someone else for you."

"Thank you, Jordan..." she said, trying to get away with the conversation in the meantime. "But I'll put my mind first to my son."

"Sure..." Jordan said. "But, just so you know, I ain't forgetting this."

Hindi nagbigay ng komento si Stacia. She just watched him picked up his shirt and wear it as he left her room. Napaupo siya sa dulo ng kama at napabitaw na lamang nang malalim na hininga. She was staring at blank and suddenly she couldn't contain her emotions and it just overflows.

She lay down on her back and grabbed her son's clothes hugging it tightly.

"I don't wanna lose my son... please..."

All the emotions she has been feeling are piling up and the only thing that will go away is to believe that Kian will be fine. She knows that crying it out would somehow help her to let the emotions go away in the moment, it's just the only way to cope with her broken heart.

A few hours later, Stacia woke up with a little bit of underwhelmed feelings getting all over her, but she just got up from the bed and prepared to leave and head back to the hospital.

She checked her phone and she received a few messages from her ex-husband about some stuff she should bring back to the hospital. There were also a few missed calls from Jordan and followed by a few messages in which he was asking if he would give her a ride back to the hospital. Hindi niya iyon sinagot.

She answered Brian back to confirm all the stuff he requested. While in the middle of preparing it, she received a call from Jordan. She looked at the screen as Jordan's name popped on it and then it died as forty-five seconds had passed and then the call repeated.

Stacia ended up ignoring his call and went downstairs just to hear knockings on the door. Napabitaw siya nang malalim na hininga at saka tumungo sa pinto. She reached for the knob and opened the door seeing Jordan at her house doorstep.

"You're back," she muttered.

He smiled, nodding his head. He's only wearing a tight plain white shirt and cargo pants.