Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Telling Jordan what she went through was hard enough for her to speak up about it. After she finalized her divorce with Brian, it was hard for her to pick up every little piece of her just to move on. She did, but now, it shattered back into pieces. It was somehow a kind of relief for her when she was able to tell what she went through to someone who had the intention of listening to her.

For her, that was valid, knowing that someone would listen to all the dirty messes that had happened.

"Hearing those stories, do you still want me around? I'm sure you don't want someone carrying so much stuff around, especially when it was something that shouldn't be your problem."

"Hey, hey," Jordan said, putting his arm over Stas. "I don't say anything about that. I don't think you're a problem. I don't think you'll be my problem."

"You just met me, you just knew what I've told you, and not everything I've been through," she explained, scoffing as if that would be the deal breaker for the both of them. She thought this wouldn't go far as she thought what was happening between them would only last for a few days. "I don't think you would like someone who was carrying a lot of emotional baggage."

"Whatever you are carrying, I don't care." Ngisi pa ni Jordan. "I think you were more than that, Stacia."

"Call me, Stas. Stacia sounds a bit formal." Hagikgik pa nito. "And we're friends, right?"

Muli namang napangisi si Jordan. "We can. . . But would you say the same thing if we've been fucking?"

"Hey!" Stas laughed. "That was so out of the blue, Jordan."

"But it was true," he said. "But yeah, we can be friends. I'll be here for you and for your son. I'm not here, letting you come into my house and have sex with you again. I think you were an amazing woman and your ex-husband doesn't see that in you."

"He never sees me the way I was for a very long time now, so I don't think he would look at me and find something beautiful because if he did, I wouldn't be here talking to you."

"Touche." He smirked. "But I'm glad this happened. . . Well, I mean—"

"Yeah, I understand. . ." She put on a forced smile on her face and took a sip of wine from her glass. "Would you mind I'll take a rest for now. I feel so exhausted right now."

"Sure, I don't mind. I'll just prepare the bed for you. I don't want you to sleep on the couch. That wasn't comfortable."

"Okay." she chuckled. "Go on there sexy bastard. . ."

His brow raised. "Well, yes, I am. . . I'll be right back."

Stacia watched Jordan walk inside the bedroom where he started picking up the clothes on the floor. For a quick moment, he tried cleaning all the mess inside his room until he thought everything looked so good for her. He didn't have any intention for Stas but kept her in good company. He wasn't sure how he would do it, but he believed everything would fall right into place.

Mabilis din naman siyang bumalik sa living room para tawagin si Stas, but he already found her there fast asleep. Napabitaw naman ito nang malalim na hininga. Napahawak ito sa kanya baywang at tiningnan ang babaeng ilang araw pa lamang nakikilala. He wasn't sure how he would take this woman in the next few days, but if she found his company good for her, he doesn't mind.

Lumapit si Jordan kay Stas sa sofa at dahan-dahan nitong ipinuwesto ang braso upang buhatin ito. It too him a lot of energy to carry her up. Dahan-dahan din naman nitong dinala si Stacia sa kwarto habang buhat-buhat ito. Nang maihiga niya ito sa kama ay inayos nito at unan at pinatungan ng kumot upang maging komportable itong makatulog.

Umupo si Jordan sa dulo ng kama habang ang kamay ay inabot nito sa hita at dahan-dahang hinagod. Napabitaw ito nang malalim na buntong hininga at napailing nang alalahanin kung anong nangyari kina Brian at Stacia.

Jordan has been single for a very long time, but he kept a casual hook-up from time to time. He wasn't sure why he hadn't been in a relationship because the last time he was in, it was in his early thirties, and never went back on it again. He thought it might just be that he wasn't ready to commit to someone else. Probably, he was scared of it, or probably not.

"If I was your man, you wouldn't suffer," he muttered.

When Jordan decided to leave the bedroom and scanned his room around. He didn't expect he would bring her to his place so he wasn't able to prepare. He started cleaning around and tossed the worn clothes into the hamper. He spent his time putting his clothes in the laundry, sweeping the floor, fixing the sofas, and preparing some meals if Stacia woke up later. He did all of that while she was asleep. He just took a rest, sitting on the couch after doing a round of quick chores.

Later on, while Jordan spent his time watching the television, he was startled a bit when he found Stacia standing in the corner. Mabilis naman itong napabalikwas mula sa pagkauupo nang makita niya ito. He quickly invited her to join him on the sofa. Stacia giggled as she found her way to sit next to him.

"How are you?" Jordan asked.

Napahugot naman nang malalim na hininga si Stacia bago sagutin ang lalaki. Hinarap naman niya si Jordan at ngumiti. "I think I'm fine. . . I haven't had the chance to say it, but thank you for letting me stay in your home. At this age, I really don't think someone would pay attention to me. And someone like you, I didn't think I would get to hang out with you."

"Why not?" Jordan said. "I don't think no one liked you, I think you were just reserved. You know, after what you went through. It was understandable. But you couldn't just ignore how many men I think would come running to you."

Stacia laughed. "The last thing you said could probably be debunked," she stated.

"No, you looked good," sagot pa ni Jordan at kanya itong pinandinigan. "Don't ever say you weren't looked good. For me, you are."

"Well, thanks. . . I appreciate that," she said, lowering her eyes. Nang mapansin naman iyon ni Jordan ay kanyang inilagay ang kamay sa baba nito at dahan-dahan niyang iniangat para magtama ang kanilang paningin. "Jordan. . ."

"Stas. . ."

At that moment, Jordan leaned closer to her until their lips touched. Both couldn't resist the sensation that was building up inside them. Tongues were fighting, lips got bitten, and saliva getting tasted by one another.

Stacia slowly lay on her back on the couch while receiving his kisses. But something popped into her head that stopped her from responding to his kisses. She quickly got up from her feet, avoiding Jordan's eyes. The man was confused about her reaction.

"What happened, Stas? Did I hurt you?" he asked worriedly. Umiling naman ito bilang sagot. Tumayo rin naman si Jordan at ipinalibot ang kamay sa magkabilang braso ni Stas. "What did I do? What's wrong?"

Napalunok na lamang ng laway si Stacia at saka umiling ito. "You didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't you. I'm sorry. . ."

"No, no. Don't apologize."

She sighed, shaking her head. "I know I was divorced and now I can go out with any man I like, but I felt like it was wrong knowing that my son was in a critical condition at the hospital. I just feel like I don't deserve to be happy. Not at this time."

Hindi alam ni Jordan kung paano sasagutin si Stacia kaya niyakap na lamang niya ito habang pinapakalma. Jordan understood what she was feeling and he wouldn't force to her to do something she doesn't want to do. He just needed to be there for her.

"You'll be fine, Stas. . ."

At the back of her mind, she was hoping what he was saying was true. But she just couldn't take her mind away from the fact that Kian was dying while she was getting this kind of pleasure from a man she just met. She felt so wrong about it, but his company was she all needed. 

"Thank you, Jord. . . I hope I will. . ."