"No.....Chaz, you're......no," Mike whispered. Chester raised his hand to Mike's face and brushed the tears away.

          "Don't cry over me Mikey....I'm...I'm not worth that."

          "You're worth so much Chazzy. So much," Mike whispered as he stroked Chester's hair back. Chester closed his eyes.

          "I....I really love you Mike."

          "I love you too Ches. More than anything in the entire world."

          "Thank you. For everything that you've done for me. It means so much that I got to be your date for Homecoming," Chester said with a small smile. Mike couldn't believe this was happening. He couldn't believe it.

          "Ches, you're not going to die. You're going to be ok," Mike said as he continued to brush through Chester's hair, "There's gotta be something I can do."

          "There's nothing you can do. There never was," Chester said quietly. His breathing was becoming ragged, "I don't want to die anywhere else. I want to die with you here. Right here."

          "I'm not leaving you. I never would."

          Chester nodded slightly and took another shaky breath. His hand slowly reached out towards Mike's. Mike swallowed back a sob and gripped Chester's hand tightly in his own.

          "Don't leave me," Chester whispered.

          "I never will," Mike said. Chester smiled slightly and then squeezed his hand. Mike felt tears on his face again as he saw Chester's face. He was so calm. They sat there for a little while until Chester turned to face him again.

          "D-Do you think it h-hurts? D-Dying?" Chester asked. Mike looked down at the boy on the bed and shook his head.

          "I think it'll be easier than falling asleep," he whispered. Chester nodded and then squeezed Mike's hand again.

          "It's hard to breathe. Mike....M-Mike...y-you still have the r-ring right?"

          "Yea. Of course. I'd never take it off."

          "Ok. I want you to. I want you to take it off. I want you to find someone else after me."

          "Ches...."

          "Please. Promise me you'll take it off and find someone else?"

          "I can't promise that Chaz. I can't," Mike said.

          "You have to. You have to promise me," Chester said, "I don't want you to be alone. You deserve someone that will love you like I did."