55: Love

Irene is on their bed as she's too engrossed by her cellphone, while Seulgi is inside their bathroom, doing her business.

"Mommy..." a whine, catches Irene's attention.

She looked at where the voice came from, and it was from Yeri, holding a knob on the door.

Irene beckons Yeri to come to her. The little girl goes to her mom quickly and says, "What is it, hm? Why are you here?"

"We want to sleep with you and dada."

Irene quickly glances at their room entrance to see if Joy is there, but she's not there.

"Where's unnie?" She asked her daughter. "You said you wanted to sleep with us?"

Yeri hugs her mom, doing her best to be careful not to squeeze her baby brother inside her mother's tummy. "Yes, she wants to sleep with you and Dada, but she didn't follow me when I told her I'd go here."

Irene sighs.

Maybe, maybe Joy is still a bit uncomfortable with Seulgi beside her.

"By the way, why is it so sudden that you want to sleep here with us?" Irene showers Yeri's face with her kisses.

Yeri giggles, "I want to sleep with Roti!"

The mother stops, confused.

"Roti? Who's Roti?" she asked the little girl.

Yeri shows her brightest and biggest smile to Irene.

"Roti! My baby brother, mommy... I will call him Roti," she proudly announced.

Irene chuckles, "Roti? Why do you call him 'Roti'?"

"I love banana roti, mommy. I don't want to call him Banana because it's too long, so I will call him 'Roti' instead, to make it shorter." Yeri reasons.

Irene's hysterical dolphin laugh and squeals echo all over the room.

Seulgi, who heard Irene's loud ass laughs, got out of the bathroom. She's already done with her rituals, though.

She found Irene still laughing while Yeri was silently judging her mother through her stare.

She walks to bed, "Hey baby, why are you here?"

Yeri quickly crawled into her lap and encircled her small arms around her dada's neck.

"Unnie and I will sleep here." she answered.

Irene's laugh gradually fades and is replaced by brief giggles.

"What did I miss?" Seulgi switched glances at her wife and her daughter.

"Nothing," says Irene, who's still red because she laughed too much.

Seulgi just nods, letting her wife's laughter and giggles subside.

She scans the room, "Where's Sooyoung?"

"She's still in their room." Irene gestures for Yeri to go to her.

Seulgi carries her daughter and passes it to Irene like a ball. Of course, Seulgi receives a smack from doing it, but the kid giggles.

"Yerim said they would sleep here. Why is she still not here?"

Irene's facial expression quickly shifts from a happy one to a serious one. She fixes the blanket to cover Yeri's body.

"Did you try to talk to her?"

"She's not talking or looking at me." Seulgi chuckles bitterly.

"I forgive you already, but it's not the same case with our daughters, especially Sooyoung. Jimin is mature enough to understand the situation, but Sooyoung? She's still a baby. She was hurt, obviously badly." Irene mutters.