part 11

THE ISLE OF the lost was a place I'd dreamed of coming to. I wanted to understand where my friends came from, and how I could help the kids that were still there. 

"Make sure to keep your head down, B," Mal says as she parked the bike. We started walking and ended up in a building called 'Curl up and dye'. When we entered, it was filled with colorful chairs and dyes, along with wigs as well.

I saw a little girl dancing around with headphones on. When she saw us, she took her headphones off and smiled, "Mal! Is Evie back too?"

Mal chuckles, "As if," the girl looks down sadly, "I forgot you guys don't open till midnight"

The girl nods, "Place looks good," I say behind Mal, "Hi, I'm Bella," I say introducing myself.

"Oh, I know who you are," the girl says, "I'm Dizzy, daughter of Drizzella,"

"Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?" Mal asks.

"Ah, just a witch here and there," Dizzy says, "Mostly it's a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping,"

"Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment, huh?" I say. Dizzy nods.

"She went from wicked stepmother to wicked grandmother,"  she sighs.

"That's not much of a switch," Mal says, "Hey Dizzy? You used to do Evie, right?"

"Yeah, I thought of the little braids," she smiles.

"Do you have any ideas for me?" Mal ask. Dizzy looks at her and starts to think.

She walks up to her, "The washed-out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't see where your face ends and hair begins," she says. I laugh. She leads her to the chair while looking at her nails, "Oh, what is this? Bored to Death Pink?"

"I tried telling her that," I say standing next to the chair. Dizzy starts to turn it so I move, "How far can I go?"

"The works," Mal says, "I mean, whatever makes me feel like me, but you know...way worse,"

"Yay!" Dizzy says. She gets started on her hair.

Dizzy decided to first dye her hair back to purple and give her some bangs. She also painted her nails black. While I was waiting I decided to paint my nails as well.  

Mal gets up from the chair, "Hey, there I am,"

"Mal, you look amazing," I say. 

Mal grabs her money from her pocket and hands it to Dizzy, "For me?" Mal nods at her. Dizzy takes the money to the register. 

A tall figure entered the room, "Fork it over, ya runt," he said to Dizzy. She handed him the money sadly, "And the rest of it," she opened the register and gave him all the money in it.

"Still running errands for Uma or do you actually get to keep what you steal?" Mal ask. He turns around.

"Well, well, well, what a nice surprise," He says.

"Hi, Harry," I keep an eye on him. 

"Just wait until Uma hears you're back!" Harry says, "And I see you have a friend, Queen Bella, right?" he moves closer to Mal, "You know, Uma never gonna give your old territory back,"

"Oh. Well, that's okay. Because I will be taking it," Mal says.

He walks towards me and runs his hook through my hair, "I could hurt your little friend here," I smile before grabbing his wrist. He gives me a shocked look.

"Not without permission, I bet," I say.

Harry chuckles before making his way to the door. He stops to knock everything off of the table, then he vanishes.