part 5

"YOU ASKED HER out?" I asked Ben as we walked to Lunch, "Pinch me because I don't believe you,"

He shoved me, "Yeah, I did. I really like her," I nod lightly. 

"I'm happy for you, really," I said opening my locker, "Just be careful,"

"I should say the same for you," He said leaning against a locker, "You're getting awfully close to Carlos,"

"Not even close," I said. I look at my necklace and see a light glow. The same one from last night.

"What's that glowing?" Ben asked me. I sighed. I had no way of keeping it a secret.

"It started last night after the game," I said closing my locker.

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

"You were busy confessing your love for Mal. I didn't want to bother you," 

"We're going to Fairy Godmother, now," He said grabbing my arm. 

"No, you have your date with Mal. We can go after, okay?" He nodded lightly. I smile at him as he walks away.

"Bella. Mal's room. Now!" Evie says as she passed by me, dragging Mal beside her.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could," Mal laughs. 

"He's head over heels for you," I say from Mal's bed. 

"My mom always taught upward strokes before I could talk," Evie said as she applied the final stroke, "And yes, he is. Lipstick?"

I grab the lipstick next to me and toss it over to her, "My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister," Mal says.

"Now you have two," I smile. Mal smiles at me.

"We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off," Evie sighs.

"But it's just a date?" I ask. 

Evie laughs, "I know but my mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Ask Snow White,"

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal ask.

"Sometimes. Are you?" Evie asked, "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so...angry with me when I disappoint her and yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me...in her own way,"

"I'm afraid of falling," I said quickly.

"For a person?" Mal asks. 

I nod, "I don't care where he's from"

"Wait...Carlos?" Evie says connecting the dots, I nod.

"It's been like this for a few weeks now," I say, "He just makes me happy, a better person,"

"So do something about it," Mal says bluntly.

I laugh, "Even if I did, would he even react that way?"

Evie laughs, "B, he talks about you all the time. Remember that one time in their room, M?"

She nods, "Clear as day,"

-2 weeks ago-

"Wait, what?"

Carlos nodded, "I like her, yeah,"

Mal looks up from her book, "Since when do you fall in love?"

Evie squeals, "And when is the wedding?"

Carlos chuckled, "Go get her, Carlos!" Jay said while playing his video game.

"That's a no," Carlos said sadly.

"Why?" Evie asked.

"I'm a villain kid," Carlos said. The conversation ended soon after.

-present-

"You gave him a soft spot," Mal said.

"He's in love with me?" 

"Well, he doesn't like to admit it but yeah, he does," Evie says as she fluffs Mal's hair.

I look at my hands and twist the ring on my finger, "Can I catch you guys later?" 

They both nod, "What are you gonna do?" Evie ask.

"I'm gonna tell him,"

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

I look around the dorm rooms and see nothing of the boy. I begin to lose hope as I walk outside by my Fathers statue.

"Bella, What are you doing out here? It's freezing," A voice suddenly appears. I turn to see Carlos standing there, arms crossed.

"I was actually looking for you," I answer honestly. Carlos unwraps his jacket from himself and wraps it around me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked looking down at me.

I shook my head, "Not even close,"

"What's up?"

"I just talked with Mal and Evie and...they told me that you.." I trail off, "That you love me?"

"Well...I wouldn't call it love," He said with a small smile, "But I do like you,"

I smile at him, "I like you too,"

"But I'm a villain kid?" Carlos said with a questioning look on his face.

"I don't care where you're from, Carlos," I said.

"You always see the good in people, don't you?" Carlos chuckled.

"I always believe in second chances," I say. I grab onto Carlos's arms as my head begins to feel dizzy.

"Bella, what's wrong?" Carlos said as he held me up.

"I'm not feeling too well," I said as I felt my knees buckle beneath me. I almost fall to the ground but Carlos catches me.

"Help! Someone help!" Carlos yells.

The last thing I saw was Carlos, Ben, and Mal trying to keep me awake.

-

super short because I wanted to update you guys