part 9

SIX MONTHS, Ben and I wanted to make a change. We invited 4 kids from the Isle to live in Auradon. Although we had some bumps in the road, they stayed and they are living happy lives. Ben and I are still ruling, which is a lot of hard work. But, we manage with the time we have.

The Royal Cotillion is coming soon. All the preparations have been stressful as well. The next few days are gonna be wild.

Right now, I'm with Mal being bombarded by the paparazzi. Everyone had their focus on Mal, "Only 3 days until the Royal Cotillion," one lady says as she shoved the mic in her face.

"Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court?" someone else asks.

"How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?" another reporter asked.

"Ok, I think that's enough everyone!" I say trying to usher them away.

"Do you like being blonde?"

"Is your mother still a lizard?"

Ben stepped in finally, "Okay. All right, Excuse me," Ben shifts everyone aside to get to Mal and me.

"Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes," I add.

"Did you ever think you'd be with a Villain kid?" Someone asked. Ben and I didn't know who that was meant for, but Ben answered for us.

I chuckled, "We're done here," Ben says into the mic.

Fairy Godmother started to hush anyone who talked, "This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing," Fairy Godmother says. Multiple people began talking over each other. She managed to clear them away.

"Thank you, guys," I say as they all left.

"Thank you. Mal. Ben. Bella," she bows walking away.

"Fairy Godmother," we all said. Mal lets out a breath.

"Don't pay any attention to them," Ben says to Mal.

"It'll settle down soon," I say with a smile.

"That's easier said than done," Mal chuckles.

Ever since Coronation, Mal and Carlos have both been bombarded with paparazzi. Most of what they ask is hurtful or personal. I don't know how Carlos is doing with most of it since I've been busy for weeks.

"I know. You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away," Ben smiles.

"Yeah." Mal agrees. Maybe I should do that for Carlos and me.

"You know, what do-" Ben looks down at his watch, "I have a council meeting, I'm so late"

"That's okay," Mal sighs.

"We'll do it sometime. Uh..." Ben starts but gets interrupted by Evie.

"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right now, you'll both be dancing in your bathrobe, okay? Hi. Let's go," Evie says grabbing both Mal and me.

"Fill me in on the meeting, okay?" I call to Ben as the door closes in front of me.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Mal was currently in her gown, and it looked beautiful on her. I sat on Mal's bed waiting to be fitted for my gown. Evie was busy zipping Mal's dress, "Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe," Mal was gasping for any air around her.

"You can breather after Cotillion," Evie says taking a look at the front of the dress.

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is," Mal says.

Evie was more focused on her dress as she admired how it looked on Mal, "Impeccable," Evie says.

"Evie?" Mal asks.

"Hmm?" Evie hums.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asks, Evie laughs.

"That's funny," Evie states.

I grab the remote and turn the TV on, "Look who's on TV" I say. Evie helps Mal off the podium.

"As the royal couples continue their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago, no one thought KIng Ben and Queen Bella and their partners from the wrong side of the bridge would last," The reporter says.

I didn't know what me and Carlos were right now. We never really labeled ourselves. I was surprised when mother and father wanted him to tag along for the dinner with Jasmine and Aladdin.

"Yeah. No kidding," Mal chuckles.

"Mal and Carlos must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion..." the reporter continues.

"Carlos and I aren't even together and they're making it a big deal" I sigh. I turn to see Evie busy with her board full of meetings and Mal with her spellbook. I cleared my throat to get Evie's attention.

"Read it fast at lighting speed. Remember everything I need," Mal reads her spell before picking up her book from class.

"I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit," Evie says as she got closer to Mal's bed.

"Haven't you had enough secrets between the two of you?" I ask.

"You guys remember what I was like before I started using my spellbook. I was a complete disaster," Mal sighs.

"As your friends, we strongly believe that this spellbook..." I slowly take the spellbook out of her hands and she gasps, "It belongs in the museum, along with my magic mirror," Evie gives her a look while Mal pouts.

"Don't give her that face," I say, "Put the pout away,"

Mal stops, "Mm-hmm. You know we're right," Evie says.

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Mal asks.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" I ask.

"Yeah!" Mal exclaims.

"No!" Evie answers.

"What?" Mal gasps. I don't know what to do here. Being an Auradon kid all my life is so much different from a VK.

"Why would we?" Evie questions, "M, come here," Evie takes her hands, "We're in Auradon,"

"And you're Auradon girls now," I say wrapping my arms around both of them.

"Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers," the reporter stated.

The screen switches to Carlos walking down the hallway, "And here is Carlos De'vil, Queen Bella's new boyfriend. Let's ask him some questions!"

"Oh god, not again," I say picking my bag up, "I have to go save him, for the 5th time this week. See you later!" I hurry out the door and make my way to the hallway.

It's only 2pm and we still have the rest of the day ahead of us.