32 stupid misogynistic society

Start from the beginning

timothy:
where are you, asshole?

hey???

rose is worried about u

I go on.

mom:
Are you okay? Call me when you get this. Please. I'm worried.

cass:
I'm sorry. Heard about what happened. U ok?

I'm here if you need to talk. Always.

There are some from Jason as well, asking the same things like all the previous ones. Nothing from Rose though. Apparently, she isn't as worried as Timothy made her out to be because there isn't a single text from her. Not that I blame her. She must be pissed about me beating the shit out of Roger.

And then there are texts from Aspen. I open them and stare at them for several painfully long seconds. i'm here if you need anything. collin? I know the right thing to do would be to respond to her and explain, to respond to all of them really, but her especially after what happened between the two of us right before I left Los Angeles.

But explaining it through texts feels like a suicide. They would never understand and besides, no one can know. Jade already knows even though she wasn't supposed to and that's risky enough. I know she won't tell anyone. Jade is many things but she definitely isn't a back-stabber. She keeps her word, she's good at keeping things – those that really matter -- to herself. The more people know the bigger the chance that Timothy finds out. And for whatever reason, thinking about Timothy finding out where I'm headed to makes me uneasy. I don't know why the fuck do I keep on having this feeling over and over again whenever I think about it.

Timothy has been nothing but there for me whenever I needed but something about his mother being tied to Courtney's case, alongside with my father, doesn't sit well with me. It's possible I'm digging myself too much into this, seeing things and connections that aren't even there just for the sake of having an explanation – any kind of explanation – when it comes to Courtney and what really happened to her.

That's why I exit the text messages and finally put my headphones in. I make sure to plug the phone into the electricity because my battery is at twenty percent and then I lay my head back down on the pillow, watching the world behind the window darken as I drift off to sleep.

Wednesday is the day we've all been preparing for for the past several weeks

Wednesday is the day we've all been preparing for for the past several weeks. Our final game this year. The game that decides whether we're going to the nationals or not. The last chance to shine and grasp the attention of hockey scouts and ensure an athlete college scholarship.

My leg is back to normal but I still wrap a bandage around each one of my ankles for support, hiding it under thick socks, then slip my feet inside the skates.

Coach MK is giving the guys some motivational talk as we all get ready in the changing rooms of Del Norte High School but I find myself slipping. My head is all over the place, just like it has been for the past few days.