XXXII. More Tragedy

Start from the beginning

Tommy kept looking around the forest, trying to get a sight of his aunt, but she was nowhere to be seen, which really worried him. Where could have she gone?

Then he saw something in the ocean. And it was exactly what he was afraid it was: Claire, or rather, her body.

Far from the shore floated a lifeless body. She had drowned herself in her sorrow. Tommy stood frozen on the shore, not knowing how he should reach to this sudden suicide. The body was too far from him to get.

He turned around and hurried back to the buildings to look for Aphmau. He found her from her house, sitting on the bed next to sleeping Lilith-Garnet.

"Did you find her?" she asked worriedly, turning to look at Tommy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't find her quick enough.. She drowned herself in the ocean," he answered quietly.

"O-oh.." Aphmau whispered, looking down. Her eyes were filled with tears. "I had a feeling that would happen..." she admitted.

"I'm sorry," Tommy mumbled, feeling guilty about not being able to find her fast enough.

"No, it's not your fault. I know you did your best trying to find her. Even if you had found her, she wouldn't have stayed.. She would have most likely run away and committed suicide.. Andy was everything she had left.." Aphmau spoke quietly.

Tommy walked through Phoenix Drop, heading towards the Old Meteli. The deaths of Andy and Claire we're repeating in his head and he was slowly getting tired of it, he wanted it to stop.

"You seem more quieter today." Was the first thing the wolf said to Tommy when he arrived to the ruined village.

"Two deaths in just one night. It's pretty rough to see, especially when you hadn't expected anything like that to happen," Tommy answered, leaning against the wall of a ruined house behind him.

She just hummed and pulled out a notebook, "I went to explore the forest and found an old Nether portal. It was already closed, but it's hard to say how long it has been closed," she said.

"Do you think that it came from there?" Tommy asked, watching as she adjusted her scarf again and turned to look at him. Tommy was surprised to see that her eyes were now golden.

"I don't have that much information. I don't know where else they could have come from," she answered, turning to look back at her notebook.

"Did you find anything else about them yet?" Tommy inquired.

"No, I only found traces of normal Shadow Souls near the west of Phoenix Drop. That side that looks towards here," she answered and gestured towards Phoenix Drop in the other side of the water.

"I have heard people mentioning that they have seen a Shadow Soul or few by the west walls and the forest," Tommy nodded. "No one knows where they come from," he continued.

"It's possible that somewhere is an open portal that they keep coming from," she suggested. "I have been getting this bad feeling that there's a portal that can't be closed somewhere near this area," she continued with serious tone.

"Should we go investigate?" Tommy asked. "We can travel through the Shadow faster than the light. It will be no problem getting to another village and back in a short time," he continued.

"That's a good point. We could go check out the villages nearby," she hummed. "I'm not so familiar with this side of the region, but I'm assuming that you can guide the way," she continued and Tommy nodded. He did know where all the nearby villages where since he had travelled a lot after his return from the Dream Smp.

"I have lived here for quite a while, I know my way around here," Tommy answered.

"But you aren't originally from around here, are you?" she asked, tilting her head. That caught Tommy a bit off guard, but he nodded.

"I come from another dimension, but I've lived here for a couple of years now," he answered. "Is it that obvious?" he asked grimacing.

"No, it's not obvious at all. It's just something the other Children of The Moon can notice from others. You have a different scent from the others I have met. You probably don't know it if you have only met Unknown and I. We are both from this dimension, even though she has travelled in another ones as well," she explained, shutting her notebook and turning to look at him again.

"Oh, that explains," Tommy hummed.

"So, where are we heading first?" she asked, standing up and tilting her head.

"The closest to Phoenix Drop might be Bright Port," Tommy answered. "It's a boat trip though because it's on the other side of the ocean," he continued.

"The clouds are covering up the Moon. We can make the boat speed up if we travel in the Shadows the clouds are casting for us," she said, analysing the sky with her golden eyes.

"Are you avoiding being seen by other people?" Tommy asked curiously.

"I would prefer as limited contact with others as possible. People from the light are too bright for me, I've been by myself for a long time," she answered as she began walking towards the shore.

"Unknown mentioned something about your pack. Do you have one, or did something happen?" Tommy asked, not knowing if it was a good idea.

"I do have a pack. They used to live with me in the ruins of Falcon Claw, but the Tu'la guards scared them away. Those cowards ran to look for a "safer spot" as they said," she groaned, rolling her eyes. "But let me tell you, there's no safer spot. The whole world is dangerous. You'll never know when Death is about to strike you with her crows," she continued, stopping in front of the water.

"Do you have a boat?" Tommy asked, making her look at him and ask, "Are you serious?"

"I don't carry a boat around. Do you?" Tommy answered.

"I don't need a boat," she said, tsk-ing.

"Then, are you going to swim to Bright Port?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Just because I said that I don't need a boat, doesn't mean that I don't need a boat now. I meant that I don't carry around a boat because I have no need for it in Falcon Claw," she groaned, glancing towards Phoenix Drop. "There are a few dinky boxes. I don't think that anyone in Phoenix Drop will notice the absence of one of them," she continued, pointing towards the boats next to the west walls of Phoenix Drop.

"True. We can borrow one, no one will even notice. Phoenix Drop has bigger boats than those small ones over there," Tommy hummed. "Let's go then," he said, starting to head towards the boats.

"Do you know how to row a boat?" she asked as she walked after him.

"I have travelled through this area many times with a dinky box like that, of course I know how to row it," Tommy answered.

"Good, then you're rowing," she hummed.

"You don't know how to do it, do you?" Tommy inquired, chuckling.

"I actually do know, but I do not know my way around here. Since you know where to go, it's way more smarter to let you row," she answered.

"Alright, alright, I'll do it!" Tommy sighed, chuckling again. The wolf didn't seem to be that bad company after all.

Words: 1823