XXXIII. The Nether

Tommy noticed how the wolf froze after setting her feet on the docs of Bright Port. She had felt something and Tommy knew he was about to feel it too as he followed her, and so he did.

"I think there's a Nether Portal over here," she whispered, but shook her head and corrected herself immediately, "No, there is a Nether Portal here."

"I remember Mum, Lady Aphmau from Phoenix Drop, mentioning that here was one, but the last time I heard of it, it was said to be sealed close," Tommy said, turning to look into the golden eyes of the wolf.

She raised her scarf and sighed, "If it was closed that doesn't matter anymore, it's definitely open now."

"Should we go check it out?" Tommy suggested.

She nodded, "I think that's a good idea. We should investigate a bit around it to see if the shadow creatures were coming from here, or somewhere else," she said.

The two of them stood frozen in front of his huge Nether Portal. It was clearly open and glowing in a dangerous way.

"What the hell has happened to it..?" Tommy whispered in shock. He only remembered seeing portals in the Dream Smp, yet they had never looked anything like this. This one was way more bigger and screamed danger like there was no tomorrow.

"...I think we got an answer to our question at least," the wolf mumbled. She was taken aback by the sizes of the portal too, which wasn't something Tommy had expected. She looked hesitant in a way Tommy hadn't seen her before.

"How do you think it go like this.?" he asked, snapping her back from her shock. She turned to look at him and answered: "My best guess is some powerful magic, like Irene's or such. There aren't many people who can do anything to these portals. I've only heard of Irene being able to close them."

"Mum, Lady Aphmau, has Irene's powers," Tommy answered hesitatedly. "Do you think she could have done it.?" he asked, not quite sure if he would like the answer.

Lucky for him, she shook her head, "Lady Aphmau isn't twisted enough to do something like this on her own. I don't know her personally, but the Shadows have eyes everywhere. Plus, Irene is the opposite of Shad, the Shadow Lord. She wouldn't help him, despite the fact that she loved him. Though, Aphmau isn't exactly Irene and doesn't exactly know Shad, but still I high doubt she'll do something to help him. Her heart is too pure for that."

"I dropped halfway through, can you explain that again?"

"She wouldn't do something like that on her own. Her heart isn't twisted like ours are," she answered blankly.

"But if it wasn't her, who was it?" Tommy asked, tilting his head.

"My best guess is that it was her, but she most likely didn't mean it. As I said: she wouldn't do something like that on purpose," she explained herself again, now getting a bit annoyed with the young blonde.

"You actually said that she wouldn't do it on her own. Not that she wouldn't do it on purpose," Tommy corrected her.

A knife flew past his face, cutting his cheek before hitting the wall behind him and falling on the floor with a clang.

He raised his hand on his cheek as he looked into her golden eyes that were now serious and cold. He placed the hand on his cheek and moved it in front of him to see his fingers stained in crimson blood.

"I'm not here to play those stupid games," she warned him with an ice cold expression before walking to pick up the knife.

As she passed by him, he spun around and pinned her against the wall, holding his sword against her neck. She didn't even flinch at his actions and patiently waited for him to back away from her.