XXI. Stories

(The picture above is from Parola's armored vehicle museum. It's me and my cousin on top of a tank. I'm dabbing and I blurred my cousin out)

Once again Ranboo and Grian were sailing with their little boat in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight.

"In our town was a harbor full of ships by the ocean. Tommy loved going there. I would always take him, Wilby and Tech there," Grian smiled kinda distantly and looked somewhere far away in the distance. Being with Ranboo had made him think more and more about his family.

"You call Wilbur and Techno, Wilby and Tech. Why is that?" Ranboo blurted out before going red and slamming his hand on his mouth and mumbling, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that out loud!"

Luckily the dirty blonde didn't seem upset at all. He just chuckled and looked at Ranboo with his normal smile, "Tech was a nickname I gave Techno when he was young and Wilby is a nickname Wilbur got from Tommy when he was still learning his first words," He hummed. That made a lot of sense to Ranboo.

"You miss them a lot," Ranboo pointed out. Grian chuckled a bit, "Yeah.. I was just taken away from them and kinda forced to try to forget about them. I have been through a lot. I have lost many people I have loved. I was even taken away from my lover during high school.. I keep writing them, but I haven't seen them in years.. They were and still are someone, who I loved very much.." He spoke quietly.

Ranboo rubbed his neck. He felt really bad for Grian and suddenly his own fight with Tubbo didn't seem like a huge deal. "I'm sorry to hear all that.." He mumbled quietly.

"The past cannot be changed, but the future can," Grian smiled slightly. Even through all his pain, he had learned to just accept his terrible life.

(The quote that Grian said is actually from Ninja Go, but it isn't the original version because I've never heard it in English so I just tried to translate it)

"You're probably gonna regret that quote soon"

"You think so?" Grian looked around. They still hadn't found the two ghosts that were haunting them.

"Yeah"

"I wish Ellen was here.. They could help trying to find those two. They know how to deal with different spirits and such," Grian spoke quietly, but thoughtfully. Ranboo noticed the tone he used when he spoke of this perspective. It was filled with love and sadness, he clearly loved and missed this person.

"Who is Ellen.?" Ranboo asked hesitatedly. He didn't want to accidentally trigger something. Grian flinched and turned to look at Ranboo, he hadn't noticed he had said that out loud.

"O-oh!" Grian looked a bit nervous and maybe embarrassed. He rubbed the back of his neck and grimaced a bit, "Well, Ellen is my lover," He admitted. *

"Oh, I see. That explains a lot," Ranboo mumbled as he put the pieces together. Now it made sense why Grian used such a distant way when he spoke of Ellen. He clearly missed them.

"Uh, would you like to hear something from mine and my brothers childhood? I have a lot of stories that I haven't ever told anyone," Grian quickly tried to change the subject away from his lover.

"Sure. That sounds actually pretty interesting," Ranboo nodded. He really wanted to hear about Tommy, Wilbur and Techno's childhood with Grian.

Grian smiled and glanced at the ocean once more to check out the clouds. The air was growing and bit cold and the clouds were gray, it was definitely going to rain soon.