-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐈-

"It's my birthday?"

"Yeah, darling, happy birthday!"

Isaac kissed Adrianas cheek, hooking his arm with hers and lead Aria to a table filled with her favourite foods. The five of them sat down, enjoying the feast, while the servers kept bringing more dishes, more delicious looking than the others.

"Here, this is from me and your nonna."

Adrianas grandfather stood up and handed her a white bag, kissing the girls forehead and sitting down on the other side of the table. Aria slowly opened the present, revealing a beautiful necklace. It had a small red gem with a silver chain and details.

"This used to be your nonnas, she loved this necklace. I hope you will love it as much as she did."

Her grandpa took it out of the box and put it around her neck, making sure it was properly hooked and wont fall off.

"Thank you, nonno, it's beautiful."

Adriana brushed her fingers against the smooth gem, a grateful smile on her face. She never got to meet her grandma, but everyone kept saying she was an amazing person, even her mother, which already meant a lot. With the necklace, she felt like she is one step closer to her, to getting to know her.

The servers brought out alcohol, and the party really started to pop off. Grandfather couldn't hold his alcohol well, so he was already tipsy. Adriana went to get some ice from the bar when she felt someone walk up to her.

"What a pleasant surprise seeing you here, goddess."

She turned to see Bianca, Nicolas sister.

"Bianca, I could say the same!"

She gave her a smile. Having gotten the ice, she turned to go back to her party, Bianca following her.

"What is the occasion?"

"It's my birthday, I'm celebrating!"

"Oh my, if I would have known, I would have gotten you something. How about a kiss for a birthday present?"

"That won't fucking happen."

Nicolas showed up, blocking Biancas advances once again. He took the bucket of ice from Adriana with one hand, and wrapping the other around her waist.

"Bianca stop trying to steal my girlfriend, or I will break your arm."

"Sheesh, calm down Jamal, no need to putt out a knife. I'm just teasing!"She put up her hands in defence, showing her loss. "I will be going now, I have someone waiting for me. You have a nice party, goddess."

She winked to Adriana and turned around, heading for the exit. Nicolas waisted no time and led Adriana back to the patio, where her grandfather was preforming one of the songs playing through the speakers like a rock star. Some of his men tried to get the old man off the table, failing miserably.

This evening seemed to only get better, Adriana was around the people she loved the most, and she felt like it was heaven. The girl went to the end of the patio, looking out at the sea that seemed to disappear into the night sky. It was clear, the stars were shining brighter than ever.

"Adriana."

She turned to see her boyfriends, all three standing next to her.

"We have something for you, darling."

Isaac cooed when Elias pulled out a small black box from his pocket.

"Guys..."

He opened it to reveal a silver ring with a sun engraved on it. It was jaw-dropping.

"It's a promise ring."

Elias took it out and reached out to get Adrianas hand, which she happily extended, it felt like a dream, like it was too good to be true.

"We all have one."

Isaac and Nicolas showed their hands, with a similar silver ring, but theirs had different phases of the moon on it. Elias also had one. The guy gently slid the ring on Adrianas ring finger, kissing her knuckled when he was done.

"You are our light, Adriana, never forget that."

He gave her a kiss full of love, and Adriana almost melted. A few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Thank you, guys. I will never take it off, never."

She hugged the three of them, happily sharing her warmth. Their hands hugged her figure, seeming as if they will never let go, but Adriana didn't want them to anyways.

"How is it going, kiddos?"

Her grandfather emerged from this air, making Adriana flinch from surprisement.

"Nothing, nonno. They gave me my birthday present!"

She happily showed him the ring, not understanding what ran through her grandfathers head. He seemed to have completely sobered up and all color drained from his face.

"Aria... You, you are only twenty one... You..."

Not managing to finish his sentence, grandfather passed out, luckily getting caught by his men and not hitting his head. Adriana was confused as to why he reacted like that to a promise ring, while her three boyfriends were trying to hold back their laughter.

"Is nonno okay?"

"Yes signora, congratulations on your fidanzamento."

Adriana felt her cheeks heating up at hearing the word engagement, while Nicolas couldn't hold it any longer and started laughing his ass off.

"Eng- No. We are not, not engaged! It's a promise ring, nothing more! We-"

"Thank you, we will make sure to take good care of Adriana."

Isaac sneaked his way next to her and placed his hand around Adrianas waist, bringing her closer to himself. Her brain was shutting down due to embarrassment, while her boyfriends were having the time of their lives, Elias mover to her other side, taking her hand in his.

"We will be very happy together."

He and Isaac both earned a hard punch in their stomachs from Adriana. Grandfather was taken home by his men, and summer was ending. It has been almost a year since she met Elias, Isaac and Nicolas. School was starting soon, and she was about to start her second year in the school she hated so much before. Her mother seemed to have done the last controlling thing, and if she would try anything else, Adriana had her men backing her up.

She didn't feel alone anymore. She had met them, seen her grandfather again, the girl felt like she has finally lived for one.

Maybe that school wasn't such a bad idea...

The last thing that Adrianas mother forced her daughter into, was the only one that made her daughter happy.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 🎉