Chapter 49

I'm gently shaken and I open my eyes as fast as I can and I jerk up and start breathing heavy. I'm getting upset as my parents attempt to calm me down. They whisper calming words in my ear and I violently shake my head.

"The funeral, I sang, and what's going on?!" I'm freaking out. My mom shakes her head. "You started singing and I guess you had a flashback. You started screaming and nobody could calm you down. And then you passed out," my mother whispers. I notice she's been crying. Her eyes are red and her face is blotchy.

"Flashbacks? Like dad has?" I'm so confused right now. Thoughts are bursting in my mind faster than I can say them. My parents nod. "Where are we?"my dad responds, "On the aircraft back to 12. We'll be back in 12 in about an hour." I nod and they walk away.

I lay there thinking about everything. I will never forgive anybody that had to do with the Games. They ruined me. They ruined an innocent person. For the rest of my life I will have to live with the gruesome memories of the Games. My eyes sting and tears roll down my face. I wipe them softly with my index finger. I can't believe Noah's not here. I feel like I can't continue. "Goodbye," I whisper. And I drift off to sleep.