Rocketeer

CTTO: camilosangelita

camilo & carlos x female! reader

- a Camilo x reader x Carlos where the reader likes to create inventions

"Carlos, Camilo! Go help the family that just moved in!" Pepa called out to her sons, forming some clouds to water the plants Isabela made.

"We're on it!" Camilo called out, dragging his brother by the ruana all the way to town's plaza. "Do we have to?" Carlos complained, shrinking when Camilo gave him a irritated look. "Don't you remember the first thing Abuela said when we first got our powers?"

"We must use our powers to help the community and strengthen our home." Carlos and Camilo quoted together, an exasperated sigh leaving Carlos' lips right afterwards. "Alright, Alright, it better be quick."

Camilo grinned, walking up to their doorstep and knocking on the door. "Hello? We're here to help!" He called out, waiting patiently.

"Do you think if they don't respond in 5 minutes we'll be able to go home?" Camilo asked, a yelp escaping his mouth when Camilo lightly smacked him upside the head.

"Sorry, Sorry! I'm here!" [Name] came out, struggling to put a bunch of boxes on a table beside her. "My parents aren't here, so you'll just have to deal with me." She smiled, blowing a strand of hair out of their face.

The twins shared a look of astonishment, being completely awestruck of the person in front of them.

[Name] noticed this, and cleared their throat. "If you want, you can help me bring these upstairs!" She pointed to the boxes on the table with her head, opening the door so they can come in.

Camilo and Carlos fought their way inside, grabbing every single box they laid their eyes upon. "So, where did you move from?" Carlos grunted, almost wrestling his brother for snatching a box out of his hand.

"Oh, we moved from the mountains!" [Name] explained, unaware of the tension in the room. "Eventually, we got bored of living there. It gets cold every now and then." She shivered, looking back to see them standing next to each other, innocent smiles plastered onto their faces.

"Hm.." A soft look graced her features. "How about you two come with me?" She ran upstairs, leaving the two to follow behind her.

"Welcome to my room!" She cheered, throwing her hands up in the air. Mechanical parts were scattered everywhere, their bedsheets almost drenched with oil. "Sorry for the mess, but isn't it just lovely?"

"Did you make these yourself?!" Camilo exclaimed, stars in his eyes while looking at the little trinkets that were on [Name]'s desk.

"I did!" [Name] nodded her head, watching Carlos touch something from the corner of her eye.

"You wanna build a rocket?" Carlos questioned, being amazed that someone was capable of drawing something so well. "It's a work in progress.." [Name] explained, sheepishly smiling.

"There's a world out there I need to see." [Name] trailed off, gazing outside their window. "And what better way to do it then travel on a rocket?"

Camilo and Carlos glanced in their direction, butterflies fluttering around in their stomachs. For some reason, being around [Name] was oddly comforting. If they could, they would willingly listen to her ramble all day long.

[Name] then turned around, setting a box on the ground. "Now then! Let's unpack!" [Name] declared, passing the twins a few pairs of scissors.

Although he wouldn't say it aloud.. — Carlos was glad his brother made him tag along that evening.