Buzzkill

CTTO: kitasgloves

summary: Camilo found her lack of enthusiasm silly and teased her about it ever since the day his eyes landed on her. She would ignore him or if he's lucky he'll get an equally witty response to his unwavering teasing. However, after spotting her alone at a party, he later finds out why she always had a frown on her face.

genre: angst to fluff

warning: mild cussing

Enemies to lovers

The young Madrigal knew everybody in town. He's often around to entertain children and assist those in need. Yet when his eyes landed on you for the first time, an unfamiliar feeling washed over him. You were a girl around his age, there was nothing striking about your appearance but the frown on your lips whenever he saw you was enough to get his attention.

If he had the time, Camilo would follow you around town. He later discovered that you didn't have friends, nadie! He was a bit flabbergasted at first as he followed you around more. Whenever the sun is setting, he'll always find you alone near the river. He wondered why you were just watching the water in silence, it looks so boring! Camilo felt like he knew you enough to finally approach you. Though he can't help but think of why a sad soul like yours was here in their lovely town Encanto.

"Why hello there, niña triste"

Those were the first words he said to you. Your face turned sour and for some odd reason, he liked the reaction. After you left the fruit stand with a basket filled with mangoes, Camilo followed you blatantly. He successfully got to your nerves.

"¿Puedes dejarme en paz?"

You told him with an irritated tone. A teasing smirk appears on his lips as he leaned closer to you.

"No"

You heavily sighed at his reply and simply chose to ignore him instead. Camilo found it weird to see you so annoyed with his presence so he turned it up a notch. He swiftly steals your basket and watches you gasp then seethe at him.

"Hey! Give that back you maldito bastardo!"

Camilo laughed in amusement, he found it adorable when you're mad at him.

"Not until you give me your name"

You give out an infuriated groan as you tried to get your basket back. While you were struggling, you were thinking why out of all people he decided to bother you?

"You know, you're just making it harder than it has to be"

Camilo says, your face looked like you're about to combust to flames with how angry you are.

"You cabrón! I swear if you don't give that back I will-"

"[Name]! ¿hija que haces?"

Your mother called. Your head turns at you but as you were about to speak, Camilo cuts you off.

"¡Hola señora! I was just accompanying your daughter home and helping her carry the heavy basket of mangoes"

Your eye twitched at his words. You saw a kind and charming smile on his face, it could've fooled you if you didn't know his intentions. Your mother basically melted by his kindness, Camilo pushes you towards your mother and handed her the basket.

"Oh mi que joven tan amable, thank you Camilo"

"You're welcome!"

Your body itched with frustration as you watched him with disgust. The moment your mother firmly grabbed your arm and turned her head away, you saw the mischievous grin on his face. Your blood boiled hot.