Daddy Issues

CTTO: kalivda

inspiration of a series of arguments

"Because you don't think I'm good enough, huh?! I try my HARDEST to be a good daughter, a good girlfriend, a good EVERYTHING and all that ever happens is-"

A slap echoed through the small house. Y/n put her hand on her right cheek, her face feeling blazing hot. She looked back at her dad who stood frozen as well, shocked over his actions, his face softening as he watched his daughter.

"Cariña..."

She quickly composed herself and looked at her father. "Don't touch me." She spat out, anger lacing her voice. "Don't even look at me like you were the one that was slapped." She said, tears growing in her eyes.

"I didn't mean it, baby. Honestly. It-" "Me prometiste que no me volverías a pegar (You promised me you wouldn't hit me again)!" She screamed at her father, running out of the house.

Her head quickly went down, staring at her feet as she ran, her legs beginning to burn as much as her cheek. It wasn't until she tripped over her feet from the tears that blurred her vision that she finally looked up.

Dolores was there and holding a hand out. Some people that lingered around started at the scene. "I heard your footsteps and breathing quicken. I came as soon as I heard it." She smiled softly at the young girl.

Taking her hand slowly, the two began their walk back to Casita. Walking in, she directed Y/n to the kitchen, sitting her near the counter. "I'll have Tía Julieta make you an arepa. I'll be right back." Dolores said, running off and going upstairs.

Camilo's POV:

"And that's Ratthew. He says that your room has lots of stairs and it becomes annoying." Antonio proudly said after holding one of the rats close to his ear, Tío Bruno and I raising an eyebrow.

"And he can understand animals this well?" My uncle asked, grabbing the rat back from his youngest nephew. "Yeah. He practically cried when I killed a spider the other day." I whispered to him. "I heard that!" Antonio's small voice rang up.

The door to Antonio's room flew open and Dolores was out of breath in the doorway. The three of us looked at her with questioning faces.

"C-C-Camilo..." She began regaining her breathing, covering her ears. "Dolores?" "It's Y/n. She's downstairs in the kitchen. And she doesn't look too good. I think it was her dad again." She said softly.

My eyes widened as I looked at my brother and uncle, both of them looking confused. "I'll be right down." I said, getting up and speed walking out of the room, feeling my breathing quicken.

Getting downstairs, my walk turns into a jog as I go into the kitchen and see Y/n with tears in her eyes. She looked shaken up, holding the right side of her face in her hands.

"Hola, mi flor hermosa (Hello, my beautiful flower)." Tiny sniffles came from her as she mumbled something. "What's wrong? Tell me." She faltered for a second and sucked in a breath.

"I can't do anything right..." Y/n trailed off, tears falling from her eyes. "Hey, that's not true. You're an amazing girl who's stronger than she thinks." I said, walking up to her and hugging her tightly. The minute I wrapped my arms around her, she began breaking down into heavy sobs, squeezing me back.

"I just want him to be proud of me for once. I can't even do that without him being disappointed in me. It's unfair." She cried.

Cupping her face in my hands, I leaned in and kissed her on the tip of her nose. "I don't care what he says. It shouldn't matter." "Yeah, but I care."

A silence came over the kitchen. "Mi angelita perfecta (my perfect little angel). You are so much more than what you think. You're smart, kind, patient, and perfect in every way." I took her hands into mine, interlocking our fingers.

"You're selfless, brave, courageous, and every other positive word I know. You're extraordinary and I-" The words got caught in my throat. Did I really want to tell her now? Yes.

"And because of that, I love you." Y/n's saddened eyes met mine. "Do you mean that or-" "I mean it. I really do love you." My hand caressed the side of her face, the one she was previously holding. "You're so special to me, princesa (princess)."

I could see her eyes were still watery, but a warm smile made its way onto her face. "I- I love you, too." She said, hugging me. I let her lean into me and traced circles on her back.

By then, Dolores came back with Tía Julieta. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Yeah. I'm okay." Y/n answered, almost beaming with joy.

She smiled and walked away, but Dolores fully walked in after. "Just so you know, I heard everything. Tía knows too. We just didn't want to interrupt." She slyly grinned, walking out.

A rainbow shined bright outside. "And...my mamá and papá know." I mentally groaned to myself. "Is that bad?" "No. Not at all." I grinned, kissing Y/n on top of her head.