Camilo reacts to your pregnancy

CTTO: justbookworm (Tumblr)

𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠: camilo madrigal x wife!pregnant!reader

"have you already chosen the name?" dolores asked, while rocking her son, pedro, in her arms.

"what?" camilo almost spat out water he was drinking "what are you talking about? who would i choose a name for, antonio's new pet?"

"why can't you answer the question normally? i'm asking if you and y/n already know what you will name your baby" she rolled her eyes.

camilo dropped his glass. he processed her words for a moment, then paled.

"que carajo?!" he screamed, staring at his sister "is y/n pregnant? how do you know? did she tell you? why didn't she tell me?"

"could you be so kind and not swear in front of my baby?i don't know why she didn't tell you she was pregnant, i just heard two heartbeats instead of one when i was standing next to her and-" yelled dolores.

"mommy" Elena, Dolores's daughter tugged on her dress "what does <pregnant> mean?"

"hija, you gotta stop teleporting without warning❜ dolores looked down at her ❛well, that means tía y/n..."

"she will have a baby." camilo explained slowly, trying to calm his racing thoughts.

"i will have a baby?" y/n asked, looking confused at her husband.

"how long have you been standing here?!"

"about a minute? you are screaming so loud it seems half of encanto has gone deaf!"

camilo looked around, bewildered to see that the entire madrigal family was standing around them. mirabel waved at him with an uncertain smirk.

"congratulations, cousin." the tiles on the floor jumped merrily, changing the pattern. "look, even casita is happy for you two!"

"yeah, thanks." camilo answered quickly, grabbing his wife's hand. "i'm sorry, y/n and i need to talk. now". he said and headed for their bedroom, dragging her with him. he closed the door behind him and began pacing around the room, ruffling his hair in a nervous gesture, mumbling under his breath.

"camilo? is everything okay?" y/n asked softly, coming up from behind and placing her hand on his shoulder "are you... mad at me?"

"mad at you?" he stopped and turned around to look at her face "no, of course i'm not. i could never be mad at you. dolores took me by surprise. i wasn't prepared for it."

"she never knew how to be delicate, huh?" she laughed, her hand resting on his cheek.

"right" he agreed, pulling his wife to his chest to hug her. "you know, i'm really glad we're having a baby. maybe i should just ask dolores to refrain from such questions next time."

"yeah, but why would you need a doctor when your sister-in-law is more effective in checking whether you are pregnant or not?"