Chapter 41 • Miracle

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

• 1 Week Later •

-Y/N's POV-
It's been another week. This time, Sapnap's been doing a lot better. I kept reassuring him and myself that George would wake up.

But, today was the day where they would pull the plug on George. I wasn't gonna let that happen.

Sapnap and I got up early in the morning. 7am sharp. We took showers and got ready. Once we did, we made our way to the hospital.

-DREAM's POV-
Todays the day.

The day where I had no choice but to give up on George. Just the thought of that made me wanna die.

George was my best friend, my boyfriend and the best thing that's ever happened to me. His laughter always made me feel better and the way he kissed me made me feel like the we were the only two people in the world.

I didn't know how to say goodbye. Hell, I didn't even want to.

I was seated in the chair next to him. I could barely breathe. My lip quivered as I held his hand, kissing it as my tears collapsed onto it.

DREAM:
"They're pulling the plug on you today..." My voice shook, "Please wake up—please."

I shut my eyes tightly as I stopped breathing. I squeezed his hand tightly.

DREAM:
"Please..." I sobbed while leaning his knuckles against my eyebrow.

I let out my cries as my throat felt dry. I felt so weak knowing I couldn't save him. How I couldn't help him. How little time we had together.

After a minute, I heard the door open abruptly. My head shot up to see Y/N and Sapnap. Y/N locked the door then moved a chair in front of the door under the handle.

My eyebrows squished together.

DREAM:
"What're you doing?" I wiped my tears while letting go of George's hand.

Y/N:
"Making a stand." She raised her eyebrows, "We're not letting them pull the plug on him."

She crossed her arms while tilting her head.

Y/N:
"They're gonna have to go through us if they want him so badly."

I sighed while lowering my head.

DREAM:
"You guys don't get it..."

Y/N:
"Don't get what?"

DREAM:
"They're pulling the plug because—" My voice cut off as I looked at George with a frown, "He...he doesn't have any brain activity left..."

Y/N frowned while Sapnap crossed his arms, glaring hard at me.

SAPNAP:
"So you're giving up on him?"

My nose twitched as I clenched my jaw.

DREAM:
"It's not like I want to." I snapped.

SAPNAP:
"Then don't. It's simple not to."

I rolled my eyes with a sigh. Sapnap suddenly walked over to George and held his hand.

SAPNAP:
"George—I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for everything but you need to wake up NOW, okay??"

I frowned while looking down at the floor.

Y/N:
"He's right." She stood beside him, "We're all here, George. We love you so much...please wake up."

My shoulders dropped as I took a shaky breath out, already feeling my tears coming.

SAPNAP:
"George, listen to me..." he spoke sternly, "You're my brother. I need you to be okay. If you're okay, I'm okay. If you're okay, Clay's okay. I need both of you to be okay...I need your smiles in my life..."