Chapter 20 • Home

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Once I pulled myself together, I took a deep breath and began driving back to Dream's house in pure silence. After some time, I made it back.

I grabbed my purse, hopped out of the car then slammed the door. My eyes trailed up at the house. I frowned while clenching my jaw.

The house faded to my California one as the memories flooded into my head.

• MEMORY •

MOM:
"I have cancer."

My heart dropped along with my mouth as I immediately looked to my dad. He had the same expression as he swallowed hard.

I looked back at my mom and rushed to her arms as I already felt the tears flooding my eyes.

MOM:
"It's okay..." she whispered while rubbing my back.

He leaned his knuckles against his eyebrow, leaning against the kitchen island as his eyes shut.

•••••

She ran her hands through my hair as I heard the faintness of the monitor beeping. I tilted my head up to her as my face was drowned in tears.

Y/N:
"I still need you..." my lip quivered.

She took a deep breath and met my eyes with a smile.

MOM:
"No, you don't..." she kissed my forehead.

I leaned my head against her shoulder as my lip quivered more. It took everything I had to try to not break down in front of her.

MOM:
"Could you...get me some water, dear?" She whispered.

I nodded then slowly sat up and frowned at how weak she looked. She smiled at me the best her muscles could. I walked out of the room into the cafeteria.

With every step, I could barely breathe, I could barely see from how blurry my vision was.

Once I got the water from the vending machine, I walked back to the room to hear the monitor beeping at a constant rate. My eyes widened then I turned the corner into her room.

She was gone.

• REALITY •
The tears streamed down my face as my heart felt so heavy. I swallowed hard as I could barely breathe. Instead of going inside, I immediately swung the door open and climbed back into Dream's car then took off.

-SAPNAP's POV-
After the fun day at the beach with Dream and George, my mind trailed off to Y/N more times than it should've.

Once we were done, we got into my car then I drove us back to the house.

When we arrived some time later, I noticed Dream's car wasn't here. My eyes widened as my eyebrows squished together.

SAPNAP:
"Y/N isn't here."

Dream sighed nervously.

DREAM:
"I think she needs space."

SAPNAP:
"From what?" I turned my head to him.

DREAM:
"I don't know."

GEORGE:
"She seemed off at the beach. Did you do something?" He turned to me.