Chapter 38 • Torn

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-SAPNAP's POV-
My eyes opened slowly as I felt a sharp pain in my head. Then I noticed I was wearing an oxygen mask. My eyes widened as I started to remember what happened.

My first thought was Y/N. I needed to make sure she was okay so I quickly pulled off the mask and pushed the covers off of me. I removed the IV from my arm then stumbled my way over to the closed door.

When I held my hand on the handle, the pain in my head got worse. I instantly collapsed onto the floor as I held my head in pain. Then I felt the fabric around my head. I took a deep breath then a nurse suddenly walked in and saw me.

NURSE:
"Hey—" her eyes widened then she bent down to me, "C'mon, get back into bed."

She talked softly as I sighed angrily.

SAPNAP:
"N—no. I need to—make sure my..." my voice trailed off as she wrapped my arm around her shoulder, leading me back to bed.

NURSE:
"You need to rest." She frowned as she laid me back into bed.

SAPNAP:
"N—no. My—my girlfriend. I need to see her—"

NURSE:
"Girlfriend?" Her eyebrows raised.

SAPNAP:
"Y—yes. Her—her name is Y/F/N." I stuttered.

Her eyes widened with a huge smile.

NURSE:
"I knew you and Y/N liked each other." She giggled.

My eyebrows squished together.

SAPNAP:
"What?"

NURSE:
"I'm a fan of both of you." She smiled, "I knew you two had to be dating secretly."

I huffed out a smile.

NURSE:
"I'll go check on her for you."

SAPNAP:
"Wait—" I grabbed her hand, "Dream and George are also here. Please tell me about them too."

I frowned. Her eyes widened as she frowned too.

NURSE:
"I will." She nodded, "Just please rest. You have a lot people that care about you."

I sighed nervously then she left, shutting the door behind her. I leaned my head against my pillow.

"If something bad happened to any of them..." I thought while looking down at my bandages, "It's all my fault..."

I clenched my jaw while glaring at my wrists as the tears filled my eyes.

"I should've gone all the way..." I thought while shutting my eyes.

•••••

The nurse shook my shoulder.

NURSE:
"Hey." She whispered.

I opened my eyes slowly, realizing I fell asleep.

NURSE:
"I checked on everyone for you." She lightly smiled.

I looked into her eyes and saw they were deepened, as if she'd been crying. My eyebrows squished together.

I already knew someone wasn't okay.

SAPNAP:
"Who's okay...?" I asked lowly.

NURSE:
"Y/N and Dream..." She nodded.

I clenched my jaw as I swallowed hard, already knowing the answer to my next question.

SAPNAP:
"Who's not...?"

She looked down with a frown, her eyes became glossy.

NURSE:
"George..." she spoke quietly.