Chapter 8 • Aftermath

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

- Y/N's POV-
I slowly opened my eyes in the morning to see Sapnap standing next to me in the hospital room.

Y/N:
"Jesus—" I gasped as I put my hand on my chest, he giggled, "You scared me."

SAPNAP:
"Sorry. I wanted to be here when you woke up."

I froze as I blushed then turned away from him.

Y/N:
"Right—"

He chuckled.

SAPNAP:
"I'll go get the doctor so we can get you out of here."

I nodded then he left. After I signed the papers, we climbed into the car then the realization hit me. I remembered that Dream and I kissed.

Y/N:
"Uh—where's Dream?"

SAPNAP:
"Oh...he's been in his room ever since we got back from the hospital. I think he feels guilty about what happened."

I looked down at my lap and sighed.

-SAPNAP's POV-

SAPNAP:
"To be honest, it was his fault. He forced you to go to a party you didn't wanna go to, he kissed you which resulted in you going upstairs in the first place." I gripped the steering wheel harder by accident.

She looked at me with a frown.

Y/N:
"He didn't know all of that was gonna happen. He didn't do it on purpose. He just wanted me to have a fun night."

I sighed as I knew she was right.

Things have been so rocky with Dream and I. I knew I had to fix things when we got home.

A few minutes later, we arrived at her place. The house was extremely quiet. She immediately walked to Dream's room and opened the door.

- Y/N's POV-
I saw him laying down in his bed, hugging the pillow to his chest.

Y/N:
"A little welcome home hug would be nice." I lightly smiled.

He didn't move.

DREAM:
"It's all my fault..." he mumbled, "I said that I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I failed..."

I kneeled down to meet him at eye level. His eyes were red and puffy, I frowned.

Y/N:
"It wasn't your fault. You just wanted me to have a good time. And for a little while, I did. If I don't blame you, you shouldn't blame yourself either." I held his hand.

He stayed silent while looking down at our intertwined fingers. Sapnap walked in the room slowly.

SAPNAP:
"She's right...it wasn't your fault."

He sat up slowly while looking at Sapnap with deepened eyes.

DREAM:
"I've been a bad friend...to both of you...I'm sorry..."

SAPNAP:
"It's okay...really. You're my best friend, Clay. I can't be mad at you for too long." He smiled then walked over to Dream and gave him a hug.

Dream hugged back as I smiled at them.

After hanging out with them for a while in Dream's room, I suddenly had to use the bathroom.

I made my way to the bathroom then turned on the light. My head rose to see my reflection, the first thing I noticed was the hickey the man left from the party.

It was very much noticeable considering the fact that it was extremely dark and swollen. I slowly lifted my hand to touch it. I laid my fingers on it while looking at myself in the mirror. Tears rose in my eyes by accident. I suddenly heard footsteps and my eyes shot up to the mirror to see the person behind me.