Chapter 5 • Nerves

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

- Y/N's POV-
I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I rolled over and grabbed my phone. My eyes shot up at the time.

11am.

My eyes widened.

"Dream set my alarm to an hour later." I realized.

Since it was just an hour, I let it slide. Shortly, I hopped in the shower. Once I got out, I put on my pajamas then went into the kitchen. I started to make myself coffee until I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked to the right to see Sapnap sitting down on the couch. My eyes widened as my mouth dropped open.

SAPNAP:
"Hey Y/N..." he smiled nervously.

Y/N:
"Am I still dreaming? Or am I high?" I squished my eyebrows together while looking up at the ceiling.

SAPNAP:
"Neither," he chuckled while walking to the island, "I'm really here."

We looked into each other's eyes in silence. His eyes were dark green. I never noticed what color they were when I watched his streams. But now that he was standing across from me, I couldn't look away from them.

He smiled.

SAPNAP:
"Are you okay?"

I blinked a lot while gaining my posture back.

Y/N:
"Y—yeah. I just um...why're you here?" I asked nervously.

His smile faded.

SAPNAP:
"I um...I missed Dream."

I looked down while messing with the spoon in my coffee.

"Why am I disappointed that he didn't wanna see me?" I thought.

SAPNAP:
"Uh—I can leave if you want."

My head shot up.

Y/N:
"No uh—you're fine. I think Dream's in his room."

SAPNAP:
"Actually, he went out to get breakfast. I didn't like anything y'all had here."

Y/N:
"Rude." I smiled.

SAPNAP:
"Oh come on, you can be picky but I can't?" He smiled while pointing to his chest.

Once he smiled, I felt a blush run across my face. I quickly turned towards the sink so he wouldn't see it.

Y/N:
"So um...how was your flight?"

SAPNAP:
"It was...tiring to say the least. This kid kept kicking the back of my seat." He groaned.

Y/N:
"Did you do something to piss them off?" I smirked at him.

His cheeks flushed red.

SAPNAP:
"N—no. Of course not. I never do anything wrong."

"Right." I thought while raising my eyebrows.

SAPNAP:
"Are you mad at me?"

I looked at him quickly while trying to find an answer. The thing is, I didn't know if I was. He treated me badly in the past but he's been nicer to me recently so I didn't know how to react.

Before I could answer, Dream came in with an iHop bag. He froze when he saw us.

DREAM:
"Everything okay here?"

Y/N:
"Y—yeah. He was just telling me how a little kid kept kicking his seat on the plane."

DREAM:
"You probably deserved that." He joked.