Chapter 12

"Early death"

"Early death"

19 years ago

11  years old Jennie's Pov

"How was your heart?" was a question my mother would repeat to ask. I could picture how she would place her palm on my chest, checking if my heartbeats were in a normal state. Whenever I play tag, I thought me having short breathes was not something to worry about. Kids my age were experiencing the same, but then one afternoon my surroundings went black. 

"Don't be afraid, mommy will take the pain away" mother murmured, it was after the doctor said that there was a hole in my heart. I was frightened, I could never play outside the same, my activities are reduced. I remembered crying ugly on my mom, would even blame her and dad for it. 

Despaired, I would lock myself in my room. To burn my time I waste it staring at my childhood friends, I would slightly smile whenever they do silly things. How I wish I could join them throwing sands at each other. Home, School, Hospital, that's very much my life at eleven.

3 years after
16 years ago

Fast forward, I turned 14

Fast forward, I turned 14. I have adjusted to a lifestyle where I would sleep with a heavy feeling. The ache from my heart worsen, there were times I would cry for my parent's help. I was being rushed, breath hitching as I do nothing but wait for the doctors to aid me. I dropped out of school, accepting that I would spend my remaining days inside the chilly walls of the hospital room. 

"We need to operate her, as soon as possible." they needed to replace my heart, who would sacrifice their heart for 14 years old? will I wish someone to die, no? I would rather be the one to leave. But miracles do happen, and the universe should me. I was the same when I woke up, fragile, feeble, worn out.

"We want to bring you with us, but traveling would tire you," Father explained, they became more guarded and protective of me.

...

"We have to do this for her" Monday midnight I was woken up by gushing noises, in tippy toes I made my way downstairs, but before I could. There were my parents whispering at each other, probably for the sake of my rest. Mom was standing, hands on her waist, father sits on the couch, holding his head. 

The Lies To Your TruthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara