In her head

Authors note/ I'm back after a long time away. Sorry I was dealing with a load of stuff. Things haven't been great. I hope you enjoy this chapter will be trying to update as regularly as possible.

Hope left Jades room and headed back to hers and Josie's. Walking in she saw Josie sitting on her bed drinking some blood from a glass. Smiling Hope walked over and sat next to her "you enjoying that love?" Josie smiled lightly and nodded "yeah thanks". Hope nodded and laid back down and Josie soon followed putting her glass down on the side and cuddling into Hope.

After a while Josie finally fell back to sleep. Hope laid silently next to her playing with her hair when Josie started to stir slightly. Hope noticed a thin coat of sweat over her so taking a deep breath she closed her eyes entering Josie's dream.

(Josie's dream)
Josie looked up at Kai as he looked above her. "No one is coming for you Josie. They have all forgotten about you. Just give in and turn off your humanity". Josie shook her head "I don't want to. They will be looking for me I know it". Kai smiled sinisterly as he walked over to the shelf picking up a dagger. "When will you learn dear niece, no one cares about people like us". Kai walked over to Josie before plunging the dagger into her side. Josie let out a scream as Kai stood grinning at her. after a minute Kai walked off heading upstairs leaving Josie alone and Hope walked over to her. "Hey Jo it's okay, I'm going to pull the dagger out okay". Josie nodded and Hope pulled the dagger out. Josie cried out and Hope quickly dropped it before untying her and hugging her. "Shh, it's okay baby. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere your safe". Josie looked up at her tears streaming down her face as Hope consoled her.

(end dream)

Hope left Josie's mind and looked down at Josie. She had settled now and had a small smile on her face. Hope had made sure to leave Josie in a safe place in her dream, changing her surroundings. Hope smiled lightly at her before closing her eyes and finally falling to sleep wrapped up in Josie.

(Time skip)

Hope woke up to the sound of the shower. Smiling she sat up and stretched before climbing out of bed and heading down stairs to grab her and Josie a glass of blood. Hope warmed it up in the microwave before heading back upstairs. Walking Into Josie's room Hope noticed she was now sitting on her bed drying her hair. Walking over she kissed Josie on the temple before handing her a glass of blood. Josie smiled lightly and looked up at Hope. "Thank you baby". Hope smiled and nodded "Your welcome".

After the girls had drunk their blood, they both headed downstairs. Hope greeted Alaric, Lizzie and Jade who were sitting at the kitchen table. While Josie just smiled at Jade weakly before turning to her father and Lizzie and greeting them. They both sat and talked about there plans for the day with everyone before finally deciding to head out. Hope was taking Josie to the lake for a bit and Josie was more than happy with that as she loved the lake.

Once they arrived Hope sat down with Josie "So Jo, have you spoken about getting a therapist yet?" Josie nodded as she answered "Yeah, I spoke to my dad. He's going to arrange  something for me". Hope nodded and smiled before standing up "Wait here". Josie nodded and Hope disappeared behind a tree before shortly returning as a white wolf. Josie smiled lightly as she spoke "Your adorable". Hope barked lightly as she walked over to Josie nudging her. Josie smiled as she began stroking Hopes fur. Hope laid down happily allowing Josie to touch her.

Hope and Josie stayed like that for a while until Hope decided she wanted to go for a run. Standing up Hope licked Josie's face before her began running around. Josie watched and laughed lightly as she watched Hopes antics. After about ten minutes Hope walked over to Josie panting and Josie laughed "Go get a drink from the lake baby". Hope turned and walked over to the lake taking a long drink before standing up and heading back behind the tree. After a few minutes she returned to Josie's side back in human form.

"Hi baby, did you have fun?" Hope smiled and nodded "The most fun I've had in ages". Josie smiled and nodded as she looked across the lake "Hey, hope. Can I ask you something?". Hope nodded and Josie continued "Did you come In my dream last night?" Hope went silent for a second before nodding slightly. Josie smiled lightly as she looked at Hope "I thought you did. Thank you. You made my dream better". Hope smiled lightly and kissed Josie "I'm glad I could help, I'm sorry if it was intrusive". Josie shook her head. It wasn't intrusive. I was a little relieved actually to see you there, I had spent so much time with Kai telling me no one cared, no one was looking for me. That I actually ended up believing it. He may have blocked my memories of you but he could never block the feelings I had. I always felt like something was missing. That was until I got you back. You make everything feel better and more manageable". Hope smiled lightly as she kissed Josie again "I love you Josie, and I will go into your dreams every night if I have to to make you feel better and to make sure your happy". Josie smiled at Hope "I love you to Hope, thank you".

Hope smiled and nodded as she stood up offering her hand out to Josie "Come on, let's go to the grill and have some lunch". Josie smiled and took Hopes hand standing up and they both headed to the grill.

Hope had seen enough to know that she was now having nightmares about the tourture that Kai had put her through.