Prologue

Everyday, you never know what's going to happen. It could be the best day of your life. Or the worst. I woke up in the morning, it was the first day back after summer vacation and we were now finally in ninth grade, not knowing what was in stall for me but all I had in my mind that I was looking forward to seeing my best friends: Maya Hart, Lucas Friar and Farkle Minkus. I couldn't wish for better friends, I really couldn't. Any day, I would trade my life just to save theirs.

Walking to school with Maya was fun as usual. On that particular day, we talked about my dad who teaches our history class and how she saw some boy from our school had their underwear sticking out of the back of their pants the other day while she was out to visit her mom at work. It was a great day so far.

Until we entered the school.

We met at the lockers as usual and waited for Lucas and Farkle so we could enter our classroom.

Farkle walked towards us, pressing against the side of the lockers and winking at us.

"Where's Lucas? He's always here before me." he said.

"I'm sure he's just late. Let's just go inside, it's almost class time." I replied as the bell signalling for school to start rang in the hallways.

We took our usual seats near the front and after everyone settled in; my dad began to take the register.

"...Cindy Elton?"

"Here!"

"Mr. Perfect- Also known as Lucas Friar?"

When there was no response, he looked up from the register and his eyes darted towards the empty seat behind me.

"Has anyone seen Lucas today?" he asked. There were tons of shaking heads in response.

"Well that's very unlike him, I hope he gets here soon. Jade Hilton?"

"Here!"

During class, I kept looking at both the doors, hoping that Lucas would finally walk through one of them and apologize for being late...However, he never did and as the day progressed, we saw no sign of him. 

The school bell rang once again to dismiss the students for the day and me, Maya and Farkle met up at the lockers once again.

"Guys I'm really worried about Lucas. He hasn't texted us at least once all day to explain what's happened and when I tried to call him during class, he wouldn't pick up." I explained. I took a shaky breath in and Maya put her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure Ranger Rick is fine, maybe he caught the flu while he was off in Texas." 

"Yeah, don't worry Riley. How about we come over tonight and try and contact him? Seven maybe?" Farkle asked.

I nodded.

"Sounds good!" I smiled feebly.

So at seven that night, I waited by my window for the both of them to appear. When they knocked softly on the glass, I lifted it up so they could crawl through. Farkle rushed straight to my laptop and turned it on.

"Okay, log onto the messenger."

I did as I was told and when it was finally open, I opened up me and Lucas's chat and typed a few words as Farkle and Maya watched on either side of me.

rileyy :): hey lucas, u weren't there at school 2day what happened?? plz answer we're worried sick :(

We waited for a minute in silence before we finally saw the label "Lucas Friar is typing..." appear on the top of the screen. We gasped and stared intently, waiting for the reply.

Lucas Friar: Nothing.

I pursed my lips and frowned.

rileyy :): it's not nothing! you're never absent from school, are u sick or something? plz tell us! btw maya and farkle are here as well.

A reply came a few seconds later: eight, simple but harsh words.

Lucas Friar: Leave me alone or I will hurt you.

We stared in shock and saw Lucas go offline.

"Please tell me that wasn't him. That's not how Lucas would ever talk to us!" Farkled pleaded but I couldn't hear him. I was too busy repeating those words in my head with his voice ringing in my ears as if he said them physically in front of me. There was a lump in my throat and I used every ounce of my body to hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes. 

There was no way that was Lucas.

I wasn't going to believe it.

—————

Author's note: I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter of my Rucas fanfiction! Things are going to get super intense! 3 votes for the next chapter! 

What's going to happen next? Is Lucas going to come to back school?

Disclaimer: I do not own Girl Meets World or any of the characters! This is just a fanfiction and in no way is it based off a real life event or anything.