"Чему́ быть, того́ не минова́ть (chimu byt', tavoh ni mihnovat')," he says, and those who did not understand it was instantly confused.

     "What did he say?" Max asks with furrowed brows, but then he saw the shocked expression on Gavriil's face. It was obvious that he understood what that meant, and Max knew that it was something serious.

     As the white uniforms were trying to understand what their king meant, Viktor smirks in satisfaction before giving back the microphone and finally sitting beside the prince.

     Mr. Coleman was also dumbfounded, but he laughs it off and tries to bring the mood back. "W-Well, thank you very much to our king for giving us that wonderful speech. Now, to officially begin our assembly, let us call on the Glee club, headed by Mr. Ryan Frost, to sing J.S High's school anthem."

     Twenty students went on stage with their club advisor, Mr. Frost, who was also their conductor. When everyone was finally settled, music starts playing, and all the students sang the school's anthem along with the Glee club.

     Right after the anthem, everyone went back to their seats. Unlike last time, Janus didn't make his appearance, so the assembly continued without him. Since it's the first day of their second term, just right after their examination, the results from their exams were ready to be announced.

     "To announce the top 10 highest scorers for the first year and second year is Mrs. Helena Pennington," Mr. Coleman says, and Mrs. Helena joins him on stage with a black and gold envelope.

     The screen that showed the House of Kings' logo changed to a list of numbers, and in an instant, the once excited white uniforms became anxious. After all, getting into the top 10 of your year gives you insane amount of points.

     "To start with the Freshmen. The tenth highest scorer is..."

     One by one, the screen was filled up with names of students that were able to study hard enough to bring themselves to the top 10. Some cheered for their classmates' success, while others silently cursed at themselves for being too incompetent.

     "I bet a thousand dollars that Ari will lose to Felix," Max suddenly says, making Ari look back at him angrily.

     "I'll add an additional thousand to that bet," Ervin then joins in, making Max chuckle as Ari continues to send death stares at both of his friends.

     "Mrs. Pennington will now announce the top 10 scorers for the Sophomores," Mr. Coleman announces, and Mrs. Pennington brings out another envelope, instantly making the 2nd year students fired up.

     "Let's go baby..." Ari excitedly says, but the way he was bouncing his leg made his friends know that he was as nervous as everyone else.

     "The tenth highest scorer for the second year is..." Mrs. Pennington pauses and finally opens the envelope. Right after seeing the name, she announces, "Class II-A's Theodore Crawford, with an average score of 95.2 percent."

     The class cheered as Theo stood up from the bleachers, practically jumping for joy. Even Max and his friend were clapping for their classmate. It was definitely an achievement for all of them. Especially since their class advisor, Sir Barron, was very strict when it comes to their grades.

     "Looks like the top 10 is going to be filled with class A students again." Max overhears from one of the students from class B. Well, he can't really blame him. The list shown from the first year earlier was also filled with Class A students. It's rare for other classes to be part of the top 10.

     "Now for the ninth-highest scorer..." Mrs. Pennington pauses for a quick second before revealing, "Class II-A's Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire, with an average score of 96 percent."