Chapter 18: Nine VS Izuku

"If you have no quirks, what makes you think you'll survive out there!?"  Mineta shouted.

"Because I have skill.  I'll only use my quirk as a last minute resort, but only then.  Any other time, I'm doing what I'm doing quirkless.  I was able to do it before, I can do it again."  Izuku said.

"Yeah, but the last time you were quirkless, you were a complete pushover."  Katsumi said, remembering the old Izuku.

"I don't need to push back.  I only need to dodge and distract.  So, do you understand the plan?"  Izuku asked.

"One more thing.  Say if we do help you, and let's say that your lying about you not being able to use your quirk.  What's to stop you from finishing us off after being weakened by the others?"  Suki asked, as everyone looked at Izuku for answers.

"There is absolutely nothing stopping me.  But, I can tell you, that I am no longer wanting to fight.  I'm going to do everything professionally and politically from here on out."  Izuku said with a smile as he walked out the door to prepare for the fight.

"What do you think he meant by that?"  Hagakure asked.

"I'm not sure, but whatever he meant, I'm not going to count on it being a good thing."  Iida said, as the class nodded in agreement.

"Unfortunately, he's the only backup we have at the moment.  We don't really have a choice."  Izumi said, wondering how this would end.

"Let's go kill some villains."  Katsumi said with a menacing voice.

And so, everyone got to where they were meant to fight.  Some in caves, some on look out, and some on the front lines.  Izuku was at the lookout with Katsumi, Izumi, Shoji, Mineta, Sero and Uraraka, saying his goodbye to the children.

"Alright guys, I will be back, hopefully.  If not, thanks for trusting me and treating me kindly."  Izuku said to the two.

"Sorry for not treating you more better than I could have."  Mahoro said, looking down at the ground.

"You were only looking out for your brother.  It's understandable."  Izuku said, as Izumi thought about what he had said.

"Right, are you guys ready?"  Izuku asked the heroes that were up there with him, who nodded in response.

"Good.  Now, let's go beat up some villains."  Izuku said with a smile as he jumped down.

"Who's this?"  Nine asked, now that he was alone, as his team mates were just separated.

"The names Izuku [Redacted] Shigaraki.  And you are?"  Izuku asked.

"My name is Nine.  Stand aside boy, I am only here for the child."  Nine said.

"Hmm, you want his quirk?  Listen, give me a little scan, and you'll see what your up against."  Izuku said, as Nine decided to go along with it.

When Nine scanned him, he was shocked to see a lot of power, pulsing, waiting to be used.  But he also saw something slowly eat at it, something that he was all too familiar with.

"Your like me.  A powerful quirk, a powerful person, being held back by something like a cell destroyer.  Why face against me, when you can join me, and share in the boys quirk?"  Nine asked, as Izuku shook his head.

"I'm getting his quirk either way, I might as well gain some respect as well.  He has a great future a head of him, and I want to be the one to bring that out into the light.  So, before you get really hurt, I suggest that you leave."  Izuku warned, with a now more serious look.

"Too bad.  You would have made an excellent partner."  Nine said, as he put his hand in front of him.

He then shot lasers from his finger tips, which Izuku quickly dodged.  Izuku tried to get close, but it was no use, those Air Barrier quirks were a real menace to society, especially the last time when he was thrown against a hill side with said quirk.  Izuku, slowly got up, shaking off the pain, and getting back into the fight.  He was surviving a lot longer than he thought he would, but, it wasn't going to last long.