ymari suddenly halted in what she was doing. she blinked, looking up at the senpai who was readying the ironing materials.

'boyfriend? does she mean serinuma?'

"you've been doing it all this time?" she asked.

her senpai looked at her. "huh? oh, yeah."

"you've got a nice kid with you. kinda stubborn though. doesn't wanna get rid of his fake piercings even if it's against school rules." the senpai sighed.

"thank you." ymari said, making her senpai look up at her in surprise. "for fixing his clothes everyday."

"oh, um.. you're welcome." her senpai flushed red.

"i thought other people would do it on a shifting schedule, but then i realized it would be bothersome for everyone so i'd just have to do it alone."

ymari nodded in understanding. her senpai was so responsible, she even wondered why she wasn't the club president.

"hey, i never got your name." ymari said after a while.

the girl looked up at her, "oh it's faye yaoyorozu."

"foreign?" ymari asked.

"yeah, half russian." the senpai smiled.

"i see." ymari nodded.

a few moments later, the door to the club room opened, revealing two individuals with clothing wrinkled like it had been through hell.

"you look like a trashcan puked you out." ymari deadpanned at the brown haired boy, letting him know of her presence in the room.

"jiro, your skirt is on backwards!" yaoyorozu frustratedly groaned at her purple-haired girlfriend.

terushima looked at ymari in surprise. "shekinah-san."

"serinuma." she nodded back at him. "take off your clothes and let yaoyorozu fix it up."

she then went back to doing her garnishing which had been put off.

"you made takoyaki for the sign-ups?" terushima asked, now sitting on a stool across from her on the kitchen island.

"yeah." the girl mumbled, now finished with the garnishing. "what time is it?"

"half past six." the boy looked at his watch. "what about basketball though? what does your club plan on doing for sign-ups?"

ymari shrugged. "we don't have to do anything. they'll come to us. we are national winners after all."

terushima nodded. "oh, right."

ymari started putting away her apron and all the other things she used with terushima's help. a few minutes later, yaoyorozu handed the boy his newly ironed uniform.

"arigato, yaoyorozu-senpai." he thanked her.

the senpai just nodded and went back to talking with her girlfriend.

"you wanna head to class together?" terushima asked ymari.

the latter shook her head, "basketball."

"i can come with you." he offered. he then added, "only if you'd let me though."

she shrugged, "sure."

ymari gave final instructions to her senpai regarding the sign-ups and told her that she was in charge. the two second years then started to trek outside of the club room.

"you never told people we broke up, huh?" she asked, her voice cutting through the comfortable atmosphere they had.

"yaoyorozu referred to you as my boyfriend when we were talking earlier." she added for context.

terushima blinked, "oh, right. i haven't actually gotten to tell everyone we broke up."

" 'cos honestly, i don't know how to do it." he sighed. "i can't just say, 'hey shekinah-san and i aren't a thing anymore' and hope everyone would believe it."

"i'd believe it." she shrugged.

terushima sweatdropped, "of course you would."

"the thing is, we're always together everyday in school. even on the last days of the first school year. so i don't think anyone would completely believe we broke up and just chose to be friends." terushima sighed.

"you're overthinking it, baka." she rolled her eyes at him.

"maybe so but.." terushima trailed off, an idea popping into his head.

he looked at her, "i know! what if i hire you again?"

ymari paused in her steps, "pardon?"

an idea suddenly struck her like lighting at the word the boy used.

hire her..

"what if you become my pretend girlfriend again?" he asked.

that was the moment..

"and we can go on dates and stuff this time."

she realized..

"our friends would still know we aren't really together though.."

what potential she has..

"it'd be fun, don't you think?"

as a girlfriend.. for hire.

upon her realization, her eyes snapped up to meet terushima's. "yeah sure."

the boy smiled, his heart skipping a beat but he didn't really take much notice of it. "great!"

"but i'm not low-balling myself this time." ymari gave him a side-eyed look. "you gotta pay more."

"50,000 yen for a week." terushima offered.

"no." ymari immediately declined with wide eyes. "you're a kid, i can't let you take so much money out of your allowance from your parents."

the two of them arrived at the women's basketball gym. she unlocked it and the two of them went inside.

"20,000 yen for a week?" he offered.

the girl thought about it. she didn't really need the money per se. her aunt sent her enough money every month— but she didn't like spending it.

"for a month, i'd agree." she nodded.

"that's so little for a month." terushima blinked. "30,000 for a month."

"no, i'll only agree on 20." ymari waved him off.

terushima purse his lips. he didn't have much issue with money at all. he helped around with the family's paperwork so his mom gave him extra allowance for it.

he then came up with an idea that he'd rather not tell her otherwise she'd disagree.

"fine." he agreed. "twenty for a month."

ymari nodded, "alright."

and so, their relationship was underway yet again.

but this wasn't the only one she'd be having for the next few months or so.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━