sighing to herself, she was about to decide to make ham and cheese sandwiches, when her eyes caught sight of the fresh produce in the second layer of the fridge.

her face visibly brightened— she knows what to cook now.

she takes out the ingredients she needed and lays them flat on the kitchen island.

time to cook.

[ welcome to ymari's cooking show ]

for the batter, she got flour, eggs, and dashi powder— lots of them. she made sure that this was good for at least thirty servings— two balls each, sso that makes sixty pieces.

she started to mix the batter together to make sure there weren't any floury bits. afterwards, she prepared the filling. she cut up the octopus, sliced the green onions, and other spices she decided to add at random.

she went over to the utensil, pots, and pans organizer and took out a street food pan with a lot of slots.

she generously oiled the pan with a brush dipped in oil. she gave the batter a whisk then poured it into the individual compartments all the way up to the top. she added in the fillings and let cook until the edges start to look more solid and opaque.

the smell of the dashi flavoring being cooked met her nostrils, making her hum in satisfaction.

she used the skewers to turn the takoyaki 90 degrees. once they were at a 90° angle, she poured in a bit more batter to ensure a super round ball.

she got out a container that could be filled with all the street food. after cooking, she popped the cooked balls in the container. she began to repeat this process until the balls are crispy and brown, moving the balls around from mold to mold to evenly cook.

the balls were now all cooked and she had to prepare the garnishing.

when she was in the middle of preparing the bonito flakes, mayo, and aonori, she heard a knock on the home economics room's door.

she blinked, remembering that she locked it upon coming in.

she quickly went over to the sink to wash her hands and then dry them with the clean towel she pulled from the cupboard.

she went over to the door and opened it, revealing one of her club members that was a third year senpai.

"oh, seinaru-san." the girl blinked at her in surprise as the club president let her in. "ohayō gouzaimasu. i didn't know you'd be here this early."

"ohayō." ymari nodded back.

she looked behind ymari to see the huge batch of street food she just cooked. the delicious smell of the takoyaki was still very evident in the air.

"wow, you started already?" the senpai asked in surprise and admiration. "these smell amazing."

ymari just nodded at her in thanks and then went back to fixing up the garnishing.

"we'll serve these later at the sign-ups. arigato. you saved us a lot of trouble in the kitchen." the senpai lightly bowed.

ymari nodded in acknowledgement. "mhm."

the senpai went over to the ironing board and started heating up the iron.

"i hope you don't mind, but my girlfriend will be joining us today." the older girl decided to strike up a conversation.

"hmm?" ymari hummed, looking at her briefly before going back to what she was doing.

"i mean, i'll also be ironing her clothes today." the senpai nervously chuckled. "as i've been doing for your boyfriend for the past few months.."