Wake up!

3am... A time you know too well. Inside your dimly lit room, waking up to hear a faint ticking sound. This doesn't seem too out of the ordinary as there is a clock on the wall, but this was different. Time for sleep was over and you decided to start the day early.

Like any other day, the morning routine stays the same; brush your teeth, hair, take a shower etc. Then, time for breakfast. (The most important meal of the day!) Most days, you would usually skip out on breakfast as you never seem to find the time, but today was a bright and early day. A fantastic breakfast was made and it turned out better than expected. There was only one thing off about it.... There was no sound ... except ... a faint ticking...

Surely it was just a quiet morning and there was nothing to be worried about. To complete a normal morning routine, the radio is turned on. Nothing but static... "Ah well I guess I got the T.V" . You decided to turn on the T.V and that's when something seemed a bit off. The T.V would only play a spiral, black and white, swirling never ending. Deciding to flip through the channels, everything was spiraling. Here's where the worry came in. Was this a joke? Was this a dream that You hadn't woken up from yet? A pinch reassured that this was no dream. That ticking sound that started since you woke up was now only getting louder.

It was now 6am, the sun was starting to rise. You decided to go out for a walk. It was a bit brisk so you decided to wear a jacket. The sun had just fully risen and the birds were chirping, as they should. It was nice to hear something other than the ticking sound. After about 3 blocks of walking, you saw something in the bushes. They were shaking back and forth and not by the wind. You decided to go investigate as the curiosity was immeasurable. Pushing back a bit of the bush, an hourglass lays in between the leaves. It makes no sense to how or why this got here, or the fact of the bush shaking. Regardless, you pick it up to investigate it further. It has a black and white Spiral on the top and bottom, engraved with the words "Unum Annum". This Begins a bit of worry. In the year 2019-2020, there was a YouTube channel called Unus Annus. You watched it from beginning to end. (The actual end when you saw it become non-existent). Today marked the two year anniversary of a once living channel. Being a big fan of Markiplier and Crankgameplays, growing up, you came to having a lot of memorabilia, including merch and photos. (Especially some stuff to remember the late channel, Unus Annus by.) However, this hourglass, was not yours and there was no clue to any means who the owner of it was. A thought inside your head made you believe there had to be a connection. Why else had there been that ticking... the spirals... the static ... and now this random hourglass in a bush?! This just seems too much of a coincidence. Your friend knew you loved the channel so dearly. Were they watching you this entire time and you hadn't noticed? Could they be capable of such an elaborate prank? This filled you with massive confusion, doubt, and worry. It was about to become worse.

Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick... It started again. While holding the hourglass, the ticking started to grow around you coming in from all directions. Louder than it ever had. Nothing was around you. Checking over your back multiple times nothing. The Ticking only seeming to grow closer and louder. This was a very strange event that had no real explanation, other than the hourglass in your hand. The day was already off to a very concerning start and chances were, it wasn't even close to being over. Tick... Tick... Tick... it continued. Holding the hourglass, squeezing it into your body to muffle its sound, only seemed to make the sounds worse. It was decided that it was a good idea to head home with this, hoping that whatever was happening would stop.