95 Taming the stubborn

Start from the beginning

"I could!" An inner voice shouted at her. "Take it as a fact and stop scourging yourself!

She washed away her tears, took a deep breath, and cut off the water with a determined gesture. Half an hour later, the former Jansu Baisal went down to the dining room. An elegant blue suit, stylish hair, dizzying high heels, and a confident look. But the sadness in her eyes had no boundaries.

Defne was happy to see her dear sister in Sapphire again. When Jansu looked into her office, she beamed with a smile and went up to meet her.

"Girl, how glad I am your return!" she exclaimed.

"Suppliers and bankers took out your whole brain?" entering the office, Jansu joked sadly.

"We will cope with suppliers and customers," Defne winked at her and added in a serious tone, "I was worried about you. Your voice sounded bad on the phone."

"It's all in the past," answered Jansu. "I'm fine."

Defne looked carefully into her eyes and said, "I'm proud of you!"

Jansu sighed. There was nothing to be proud of, but Defne should not know about it.

"How are we doing?" She changed the subject.

"Everything is all right," Defne went to the sofa against the wall and sat down on it. "The only change is that we terminated the contract with Bianco Salvatore's firm."

Jansu frowned and asked, "Because of me? Do not! This is business. The contract is beneficial for both Sapphire and Passionis."

"You are more important than any contracts," Defne replied seriously.

"So not professional," objected Jansu. "Please renew the contract."

"Can you work with Niko Bianco? Defne asked.

Jansu sighed heavily and confessed, "Not. But there is also the financial director of Passionis. She will be able to take on this job."

Looking inquisitively at her, Defne asked, "Do you insist?"

"Yes," answered Jansu firmly.

"Good. I'll talk to Omer," Defne said and, raising her index finger, demanded from her sister, "But you promise me not to be sad!"

Jansu promised. She was determined not to show her sadness to anyone. And what is going on in her soul, no one except herself will know.

Jansu was heading towards her office when a small red whirlwind crashed into her.

"A-ah! You are back!" Hugging her legs loudly screamed Emine Diana.

She was followed by Kumru, the daughter of Mr. Kartal, the technical director of Sapphire. She studied to be a shoe designer and was now doing an internship at Passionis, and at the same time looked after Emine Diana when all her other temporary nannies were busy.

"Hello, Bead!" Jansu grabbed her niece in her arms and kissed her nose. "I miss you! Do you want to play in my office now?"

"I want!" Emine was delighted and turned to Kumru, "You are lucky! You can go finish drawing the shoes. Until lunchtime, I'll be on the nerves and blowing the brain out to Jansu."

Kumru bowed down ceremoniously in a playful curtsy and replied to the little commander, "As you command, - Your Highness!"

Jansu smiled involuntarily. The ray of sunshine named Emine Diana was able to relieve even the most brutal melancholy and heal the deepest wounds.

Aunt and niece entered the study. Jansu turned on her laptop and skimmed through her mail. Emine scrambled into her lap and stared at her laptop too. Looking at the letters on the screen, she, as if by chance, asked, "Did Niko find you on the island?"