05. I Promise

"Are you gonna kill me?" Ash asked as she walked under the creepy bridge, being met with Stacey sitting and throwing rocks into the small flow of water. "Because I kinda wanna at least live until twenty-five."

"I'm obviously not gonna kill you." Stacey rolled her eyes. "I just wanna explain the situation."

"About you, Henry and Tory?" Ash had asked as she sat down next to Stacey, the curly haired girl nodding in response. "I don't think I'm the one you should be explaining yourself to."

"I know but I don't want you to go around thinking that I'm a shitty girlfriend to Henry." Stacey had said to her.

Ash didn't respond, Stacey inhaling sharply as she threw more rocks into the water.

"Last year I found dick pics on Henry's phone that didn't belong to him." Stacey had said, taking Ash completely by surprise. "And then I also found a video of him giving another guy a blowjob."

Ash was shocked, to say the least.

"In Middle school to High School, Tory and I were kind of dating but then we broke up the last day of Freshman year." Stacey had explained. "We stayed as friends and she got with Miguel and I got with Henry and everything was seemingly normal until I found out about Henry and went to her crying and coincidentally it was the night of the party so she had just found out that Miguel had cheated on her with Sam."

"Oh wow." Was all Ash could muster out as she was shocked by all of this drama unfolding.

"Yeah." Stacey had nodded, her bottom lip trembling slightly. "And like Tory and I were in both bad places so we ended up kissing and then that led to making out and then that led to..."

Stacey trailed off suggestively, Ash letting out a breath.

"You know, I always buried my strong feelings for women, which is why I broke up with Tory, and I thought that Henry would change me but I just wasn't attracted to him." Stacey shooked her head as she began to tear up. "And Henry told me that him giving the blowjob was from before we started dating and that the dickpics belonged to his friends because they would like compare dick sizes or something, and then he started crying and begging for me to get back with him and told me that he wasn't gay and that was him just experimenting a long time ago and that he loved me with his entire heart and begged me to get back together with him so I just did you know but I don't love him, Ash. I love Tory. I love women. I'm a lesbian."

Ash quickly wrapped Stacey in a hug, holding unto the girl tightly as she laughed with tear-filled eyes.

"I fucking love women." Stacey had said proudly. "And I'm a lesbian!"

Stacey sobbed into Ash's shoulders, Ash comforting her.

"I'm so proud to say that." Stacey had admitted to Ash, holding unto the girl's clothes tightly.

"You should be." Ash had whispered out, rubbing her back.

"No, because if my parents found out they would kick me out of the house." Stacey told Ash with another sob.

Ash quickly pulled away from the hug, holding Stacey's shoulder. "If you have nobody that supports you, know that I do, okay? And if you need a place to stay, you can come stay with me."

Stacey let out another sob, wrapping her arms tightly around Ash again.

"I love you." Stacey had whispered out. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Stace." Ash had smiled softly.

🥋

Ash walked into Golf N' Stuff, Eli at her side and their hands entertwined.