04. Henry and Stacey

"Can you tell me why I saw Eli Moskowitz sneaking out of our house this morning?" Sia had asked, Miss Mittens in her arms, as she saw her daughter making coffee in the kitchen.

"Oh so you're finally conversing with me?" Ash had asked her back in retaliation.

"Hey conversation goes both ways." Sia glared at her daughter as she placed Miss Mittens on the counter before she took a coffee Ash was making.

Ash didn't reply, just making herself another coffee.

"I'm sorry that I was being bitchy to you." Sia sighed at her daughter. "It was totally uncool of me to make fun of your intelligence like that."

Ash still didn't respond.

"You're a smart and beautiful kid." Sia had sighed out, rubbing her daughter's head. "I'm glad to be your mom."

Ash smiled before she hugged her mom. "I love you, mom."

"I love you more." Sia had hummed out, kissing the top of her daughter's head. "Now, you still haven't told me why that Eli boy was sneaking out of my house."

"He got locked out of his house last night so I let him sleep in the guest room." Ash said as she went back to making herself a new coffee, glancing to Miss Mittens who fell asleep on the cold counter.

"Why'd he get locked out?" Sia had asked with a raised brow.

"Because he came late to the dinner the other night." Ash had shrugged.

"Oh, okay." Sia nodded before kissing the top of her daughter's head. "Well, I'm heading off to work now, see you later baby."

"Bye mom." Ash gave her a small smile.

Sia just gave her daughter a smile before she walked off.

🥋

Ash had spent the day reading all of her books she had bought at the store.

She now walked through the aisles at the minimart she had been in where she had first met Eli.

She had came to purchase some snacks since she was planning on staying up all night and binging all of the Teen Beach Movie movies.

She was also going to see if she could buy some beers using her fake i.d.

The door opened and someone entere, greeting the man at the cash register.

Ash glanced up to see a boy who looked around her age.

He was tall and had short blonde hair.

Once he spotted Ash, he raised a brow before he made his way over to her.

Ash looked at him curiously, tilting her head as he stopped right infront of her.

The boy smirked at her before he leaned forward, their faces inches apart.

Ash raised her brows challengingly, not daring to give him the satisfaction of melting under him.

"You new around here?" He had asked, his mint breath fanning her face.

"You come up in my face to ask me that?" Ash curled her lips at him.

The boy just leaned away before taking a step back, holding up a pack of bandages that Ash had been standing infront of.

Ash cleared her throat before the boy chuckled at her.

"Yes, I'm new." Ash had answered his earlier question as she folded her arms with a raised brow. "What made you think that?"