Chapter 24

SMUT in this chapter

Once the movie finishes, Stiles shuts his laptop down and moves it out of the way.

"Steve, I've got something important I want to talk to you about." Stiles says, turning to face him, who's biting his lip with worry. "It's nothing bad."

"What's wrong?." Steve asks, concerned, placing his hand on top of his boyfriends.

"Well, we've been together a year, and this has been the best year of my life. You make me so happy every day and always support me. You love me for who I am and don't try to change me, and I with you. I could go on forever. Steve, this is a big step for us, but I feel that we're ready." Stiles says before pulling a white box out of the duffel bag and handing it to Steve.

"Stiles, what are you saying?." Steve asks, confused at his boyfriend's cryptic behavior.

"Open the box." Stiles encourages.

Steve opens the box and tears well up in his eyes at what he finds.

"Are you serious?." Steve asks, looking at the uncut key lying in the box.

"I'm deadly serious. I want us to live together. I know we kind of do, but I want us to share an apartment. I love waking up next to you. You spend a lot of nights in my room anyway. A quarter of my closet is yours anyway and a quarter of yours is mine. I love going to sleep with your arms wrapped around me and waking up to your smile. You make me feel safe, and I want to share my space with you. When you're not around my apartment feels lonely like something's missing." Stiles proposes. "I talked to dad and Pepper and they said we could move to the floor above mine as it's big enough for the both of us. So what do you say? Steven Grant Rogers, will you move in with me?."

"Yes, I'd love to move in with you. I love waking up with you in my arms every morning and feeling the weight of your head on my chest at night. It makes me feel safe and relaxed, especially knowing that you're safe in my arms where no one can get you without a fight and trust me, they don't want to try." Steve answers before pulling a smiling Stiles into a passionate and loving kiss.

"I love you, Steven Rogers." Stiles says, resting his forehead on Steve's when they pull back for air.

"I love you too, Mieczyslaw Stark" Steve replies with a smile on his face.

"I have your present too, but its in my room, I will just go get it, wait here."

"I'm not going anywhere." Stiles laughed.

When Steve got back, he handed Stiles his present.

Stiles tears open the wrapping to find a sketchbook.

On the front of the book, engraved in gold is:

My dear Stiles,
You are my soulmate,
My love, my peace, my life.
You are my soft place to fall, my guiding light, my best friend.
In you, I see our happy ever after.
What a love I have found with you, my love, my peace,  my life, my soulmate.                             
I will love you, always.                           -Steve xx

Reading the engravement brings tears to Stiles eyes.

"You're so sweet." Stiles says, "I love you so much."

"Open it up." Steve instructs softly with a smile.

Stiles opens the book and flips through the pages to find portraits of himself drawn by Steve.

"Steve, these are amazing. I love them and you. Thank you so much." Stiles pulls Steve into another kiss.

Steve pulls back from the kiss with a smile.