Chapter 17

"Are the McCall pack still here?." Phil asked. He looked a lot better now he was out of medical.

"Tony sent them packing this morning. He didn't want them anywhere near Stiles. Stiles can't defend himself like this." Bucky said.

"How do we turn him back?." Steve asked, keeping an eye on Loki, who had Stiles on his knee. Steve was unsure how to act, every time he said his boyfriend in conversation, it sounded too weird, now that Stiles was a baby.

Stiles was gurgling happily on Loki's lap, pulling ferociously at the God's long hair. Loki flicked Stiles angrily on the forehead, pout firmly in place. It came as quite a shock to him when he was punched full on in the nose, Stiles angry little fist sending his head flying back into Bucky's stomach, who was just bending down to take Stiles away from the mischievous man.

Bucky cradled the young boy in his arms, the ever present fear of crushing his tiny bones with his metal arm keeping him from squeezing too hard.

"We might just have to wait for him to grow up." Bruce said. "We don't really know. All the tests I've done have come back clear."

"Wait?." Tony exclaimed. "Wait? You're telling me, that we have to wait 16 years for him to be back to normal? He's got to go through life all over again?."

At Tony's words, Steve stood from his chair and hurried out of the room, head down and fists clenched at his sides. Nat ran after him, but it was no use, he locked himself in one of the rooms, She trudged back in the living room and sat back down next to Clint.

"Probably wants to be alone." she muttered, sad eyes looking down at her folded hands in her lap. Clint squeezed her shoulders and both turned their attention to the situation at matter.

Loki, in turn, stood from his designated armchair and strode over to the window. Hands folded behind his back, his usually relaxed shoulders tense, he gazed over the city, deep in thought. "We may not need to wait that long." He muttered.

"What?." Natasha jumped up and, hand on Loki's shoulder, spun him around, the hope and fear seen clearly by the entirety of the occupants of the room. "What did you say?." she asked roughly.

"His spark may... speed things up. Although there's no knowing whether this would get rid of his powers entirely. The intense use of it could disable it for life. We don't know what that would do for Stiles mentality."

"So what you're saying, is that Stiles may have the same mindset as when he first came to us?." Bruce asked.

"He might." Loki admitted.

"Shit." Nat breathed.

"Yeah, shit." Clint repeated.

"We have to think of something, as much as I like the idea of seeing Stiles grow up, I can't have that happen to him. Not again. He has suffered too much." Tony said.

**

Steve's shoulders shook. He couldn't deal with this. He loved Stiles. Tears streamed down his face. He had never felt this before, not even with Peggy and it hurt so much. His heart wasn't just being crushed into a million pieces, it was being blow torched, stamped on and thrown out of the top of the Statue of Liberty.

He couldn't deal with this. He knew it was cheesy as fuck, but Stiles was his soulmate. He knew it. Stiles and he were meant to be together forever and now, some stupid dead witch had gotten in their way. What could he do now? Run away until Stiles grew up again? Tolerate the fact that Stiles was a child, bare through it? Feel his heart crush each and every time he saw his cute chubby face?.

Every time he closed his eyes, he saw Stiles beautiful eyes. He imagined cradling him in his arms as they both slept, just as he had done many times before, kissing his forehead, making him breakfast.