Chapter 19

One day, after a lot of persuasion, Isaac and Liam were finally allowed to take care of Stiles for the afternoon. Knowing that even though Stiles looked like a toddler, he could understand them, they got to explain what had happened when the pack had decided to get rid of him. After months of not being able to contact Stiles, they explained how they had had a pack meeting without Stiles one night and Scott had talked about how he was a liability and weak, how, because he didn't listen to orders, he was putting the rest of the pack in danger.

Okay, to be honest, that was true. Stiles was sorry, he really was. But pack is family. Pack is more than family even and pack sticks together, for better or for worse, no matter what. Just because Stiles didn't always do what they wanted him to do didn't excuse the fact that they practically destroyed Stiles.

"Everyone thought it was a bad idea at first." Liam said. "But when Scott said it would keep you safe and out of trouble, we all agreed, apart from Mason, he wasn't happy that Scott could just kick someone out because they were human, so he left the pack. Me and Isaac agreed but when he said we weren't aloud to even speak with you, we were fuming and started distancing ourselves."

"When Jackson was in London, he and Ethan got together. Jackson moved back because his dad got a job in Beacon Hills." Isaac explained. "Ethan was supposed to follow but he found out what Scott had done and said he couldn't be in a pack with an Alpha that kicked their best friend out, and he ended up breaking things off with Jackson. Jackson resented Scott after that, but he needed a pack, and just agreed with everything Scott said. He lost his temper quite a lot, which I'm sure you noticed. I think Ethan was his anchor."

"They didn't listen when we said that you would probably get into more trouble without us, only if it was life threatening, you wouldn't have someone to come save you." Isaac twisted his hands together nervously, hoping Stiles believed them, because he knew what it felt like to be unloved and unwanted, useless. He wouldn't even want his worst enemy to feel like that. "We couldn't persuade him, and we couldn't just leave the pack. We wouldn't have been able to survive as omegas."

Stiles nodded. He understood. Really, he did. It hurt, but he was okay.

"Everyone was miserable when you left though. And then the pack bonds broke and we all thought you had died." Isaac muttered.

That was weird, Stiles thought. He hadn't felt the pack bonds break. Although that shouldn't be so surprising. He was human, so he didn't feel them the same way the wolves felt them and anyway, they must have been so frail when they broke, he hadn't even noticed it.

"We all went crazy. Scott tried to call you but you changed your number so he asked Danny to track you but he refused. He even refused Liam when he asked but said he would ask you if it was okay. Scott stole your number from Danny's phone, and he said he rang you but you wouldn't hear him out and hung up on him. That's when Scott started to lose it, and he spent more time with Deaton. Then we all saw the news, and saw you on a date with Captain America. Lydia's face was a picture, I think she was upset that you no longer wanted her, and Jackson couldn't believe you had managed to bag yourself a super soldier, who is extremely hot, and Scott was furious. Especially when we saw you with the Avengers answering questions. When you mentioned Allison he flipped. He looked almost feral. Then when you said that Iron Man was your dad, well Lydia nearly fainted, and Scott looked livid. I think he was jealous, that you had moved on and had a new family, and no longer needed him. He made us all fly out here to confront you. He told us he wanted to apologise to you and bring you home, we didn't know that he was already aware of your magic, or that him and Deaton had discussed it. He kept all that from us, I swear Stiles." Isaac sobbed.

"We all missed you a lot." Liam said. "Even Jackson, but he won't admit it."

"Missed you too." Stiles answered, teary-eyed. He smiled at the two werewolves, happy to finally know the entire truth.