Chapter 3

Finally pulling up to the building where Phil's Flat is,  Stiles gets out of the car and looks around, trying to get a feel for the place.

"This is a building where some SHIELD Agents live so play nice Stiles" Uncle Phil says and Stiles raises his hands, or well, he tries to but can't because of the bags in his hands. They make their way to the 3rd floor and Stiles can't help but notice the way his Uncle has bought an apartment in the middle of the building, smart, and Phil turns to him with a raised eyebrow.

"And why would it be 'smart'?" He asks and Stiles realizes he said it out loud.

"Well with how you bought the apartment and seeing as we're on the middle floor it's a tactical decision, two ways out and no way to get boxed in." He says with a shrug and Phil beams.

Unlocking his door and letting Stiles in, he walks into the living room and stops. Phil bumps into him and looks at him in confusion. "What?." He asks and then follows his line of sight and smiles, knowing that Clint would be waiting for them.

Stiles runs and jumps into Clint's arms.

"I missed you Mischief." 

"I missed you too Uncle Clint, wheres Aunt Nat?." Stiles asked.

"She is in a meeting with Fury, she cant wait to see you."

"So did you two finally get together or what?." Stiles asked.

Phil's jaw drops, and Clint just smirks.

"Oh come on Uncle Phil, you could never hide anything from me, Just like you couldn't hide the fact that you were a Shield agent all them years ago."

"That's because you went snooping and hacked Shield." Phil said.

"Wait, you hacked shield, and got away with it? oh Tony is going to love this." Clint says.

"Why?." Stiles asked confused.

"Because Tony hacked Shield and was caught, and he thinks he is the best at everything." Phil said. 

Clint grins and then gives Phil a kiss on the cheek before going back to cooking but then turns around

"How do you feel about homemade Burritos?."

"Sounds great." Stiles says.

Phil watches as Stiles laughs at the story Clint tells him and doesn't ignore that warm feeling that he feels watching the two get along, he just wonders what trouble he will get into with him and Nat, he shivers at the thought of that but then is brought back to the real world by Stiles snort and Clint grinning mischievously.

"What?." He asks and Stiles just laughs more and Phil likes that Clint made him laugh because this is the happiest he's seen Stiles in a while.

"Clint was just telling me about your mission in Cambodia, the one with the snake and tor-" Stiles starts to say but is cut off.

"Okay I think that's enough storytelling, for now, Clint, let's wash up." He says and picks up the plates. Stiles and Clint just snigger but do what he says and work in comfortable silence, after 10 minutes of cleaning Stiles yawns and asks where the bedroom is and Clint pointed to the guest bedroom.

Watching as Stiles leaves Phil feels Clint's arm slither around his waist and leans into it.

"I don't know what the hell has been going on in that town, but Stiles seems to be in the middle of it all. He is skinny, has nightmares, and I mean not normal ones, ones like what Bucky used to have."

"Oh shit, so do you think he is suffering with PTSD?."

"That and many more things, depression being one of them." Phil says sadly.