S.V CHAPTER 13 🟥

"IS HE OKAY?" Uzziah asked worriedly. Her gaze didn't leave on Zheorem who is still sleeping peacefully. He's unconscious after the commotion.

She didn't know what happened to him until someone called her, saying Zheorem was at the hospital, badly beaten by Strahmn.

"He's okay but there's a lot of bruises that are needed to be healed."

Tears pooled in the corner of her eyes as she stared on Zheorem face, full of bandages. Balisa siyang nakatitig kay Zheorem.

I'm sorry, Z. Hindi ko sinasadyang aabot sa ganito ang pangyayari.

Si Brialen ay katabi niya lang ngunit tahimik habang si Treasure ay kasama niya rin, tahimik na nanonood ng telebesyon.

She couldn't believe that Strahmn would do this. She had enough for his actions.

Isang mainit na luha ang bumagsak njya habang mahigpit niyang sinakop ang kamay ni Zheorem. "I'm sorry, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have pulled you in my situation. F-Forgive me, Z."

Sadness, anger, fear, and pain were the emotions she's feeling right now. She's clenching her hands, thinking on how Strahmn would pay for this.

Uzziah broke her own little world when Dr. Worcestershire tapped her shoulder.

"Can we talk?"

"About what?" pabalang niyang tanong rito. Inangat niya ang mga sariling paningin at nandidilim na tiningnan si Reznick. But Reznick just stood there calmly, unbothered by her sharp gaze.

Nakita niyang nilingon muna ni Reznick si Treasure na ngayo'y busy sa pagkain ng mansanas habang nakatingin sa telebisyon bago dumapo sa kaniya ulit.

"Maybe we should talk about this outside. Come with me."

Naunang lumabas si Reznick at tahimik niya naman itong sinundan. But as she walk outside, she saw how Brialen eyes looks so angry to her.

What's wrong with her?

Nang makalabas na sila pareho agad na nagsalita si Reznick. "It's about Strahmn."

Just hearing that name, Uzziah's ears heated up. Nandilim ang mga mata niya nang binaggit nito ang pangalan nito sabay aalala sa mga pasa na tinamo ng kaibigan niya.

"I don't have time to talk about him," she said, clearly furious. "Kung siya lang naman pala ang pag-uusapan natin e mas mabuting huwag na. Akala ko tungkol ito sa kalagayan ng kaibigan ko ang pag-uusapan natin, tungkol pala sa basurang kaibigan mo."

She was about to go back inside when Reznick hold her hand tpero agad naman nitong binitawan.

"I'm sorry. Please, hear me out first," Reznick pleaded. "Just this time."

She flatly looked on Reznick's worried face. "Talk."

"Look, I'm sorry that he punched your friend's face but please, understand him. You don't know what's happening to his life right now," Reznick stated.

"Understand him?! Do you know how Zheorem's face got beaten badly? And now, you tell me to understand him? Are you fucking cra-"

"He has selective amnesia, Uzziah." Reznick cutted her off and smiled sadly. "And yes, he can't remember some of his memories from his past."

Unabke to move a finger, Uzziah was like a stutue on her track, unable to continue what she was saying seconds ago and when Reznick saw that he explained more, "I don't know if I should tell you this but Strahmn was involved into a car accident after you two broke up seven years ago."If there was a time you saw him clutching his head that's because of his amnesia. He's reallytrying to remember everything but none did happen. He's always having migraines, bearing the pain everytime. That's why keep seeing you like nothing happened because he can't remember what really happened to him. His memory only remembers you when you're still together. So, p-please..."