S.V CHAPTER 26 🟥

HINDI ALAM NI UZZIAH kung paano siya nakuwi. Ang tanging naalala niya lang ay balisa siyang at basang-basa nakatayo sa harap ng pintuan ng apartment nila.

Her mind was completely blank and empty as she came home, without her car. Yes, she doesn't know how she managed to get home without her car.

She's currently in front of the doorstep, with her drenched clothes. She's blanky staring at it, not knowing if she will knock or not.

The rain keeps pouring along with her tears that keeps her hiding her pain. She got wobbly feet as if it's about to be knocked out again in any second.

Mawawalan na sana siya ng balanse nang may makasalo sa kaniya. Ngunit sa pagsalo sa kaniya ay unti-unting umikot ang paningin niya na kahit sa pagpikit niya ay ramdaman niya pa rin ang sakit na nadarama.

The next day Uzziah woke up, with a wrecked-head. She rose up from the bed with a big unbearing pain in her head. She groaned repeatedly.

"Bri, gising na si Uzziah. What I'm going to do with her?"

A familiar voice caught by her ears. It made her open her lids. She squint her eyes because of the bright light until she completely adjusted only to see Phthalo, sitting beside him with a glad look.

"Hey, Uzziah... How are you feeling?"

Mga ilang segundo pa bago niya sinagot si Phthalo dahil iginala niya muna ang mata sa pailigid. They're in the living room.

"My head hurts."

And that's when Brialen came in. "That's because you're drenched in rain yesterday. Ano ba kasi pinaggagawa mo, akala ko ba bibili ka lang ng cake? Ano ang nangyari?" Brialen's voice laced with anger.

Brialen was so worried about Uzziah yesterday. Anong oras na hindi pa ito nakauwi.

Uzziah started remembering what happened yesterday. She averted her eyes. Nagsimula namang mamuo ang luha sa gilid ng mga mata niya. Napakuyom lang ang kamao niya habang pinipilit ang sarili hindi isipan ang kaganapan kahapon.

When Brialen saw her ate like she doesn't want to talk about what happened yesterday she didn't push her. It's hypocritical of her to force her to speak considering she also has something she couldn't say to her.

"Here." Nilapag ni Brialen ang isang tasa ng isang maligamgam na tubig. "Drink that."

Uzziah silently drinks the lukewaem water. It helps her a bit to reduce the pain on her head.

"Thank you."

She wandered her eyes. She haven't seen Treasure.

"Where's Treasure?"

"Sleeping. He's crying yesterday because you lied to him. Sabi mo sa kaniya sandali ka lang. He's sulking you know."

She's sighed. She knew this would happened.

"Uhmm... Can I eat the hotdogs? Kahapon pa ako gutom." Phthalo asked without a hint of hesitation.

Binalingan niya. "Sure."

"Hindi man lang ako pinakain ni Bri. Nabasa rin naman ako ng ulan pero hindi rin ako inalagaan." Phthalo is now sulking. He's ranting since Uzziah was still sleeping.

Phthalo was the one who catches her before falling into oblivion.

"By the way, Phthalo. Thank you for catching me." She smiled a bit.

"Sure," He spoke while munching the hotdog.

Uzziah observing Brialen while Phthalo busy eating. She's talking a lot now... maybe it's just a facade because Phthalo was here.