Marcus tries to open his mouth to say something, but somehow, he couldn't do it. He was scared that he'd end up saying the wrong thing.

     "Being Luna Lemieux's son has always been a curse, not to me but to the Sinclaire's. They couldn't handle the fact that their blood got mixed by something so evil, so I am aware that they will do everything in their power to erase that curse," Max explains with a soft tone, calming Marcus down a little.

     "I'm—" Before Marcus could even apologize, Max cuts him off and tells him, "Did they threaten you? What did they say? They probably manipulated you, telling you that it's for my sake, did they not?"

      Marcus takes a deep breath and looks at Max with a sad expression. When Max saw this, he couldn't really help but laugh. "Don't look at me like that. Don't look at me as if you pity me. Pity is for the dead, and for what I could remember, I am still alive."

"Max..." Marcus says, taking another deep breath to prepare himself for what he's about to say next. "I can tell you everything. I'll tell the entire story and everything you have forgotten to the best of my abilities. Just tell me the word and I'll do it."

     Max stayed silent for a couple of seconds, and when Marcus thought that he was now ready to give him an answer, Max suddenly continued eating. Marcus was confused, but then Max says, "I like the way I am now."

     "What?" 

     "I have achieved everything that I achieved because my judgment is focused on the present and not influenced by my past. If I want to ask you something then I'll ask you those questions, but as of now, I have no intentions of knowing them through this. I will slowly remember. My memories are sacred, and I trust no one to tell me about them other than myself. I hope you understand." Max says, and as surprised as Marcus was, he nods his head in understanding.

     "Come on, let's end this bitter conversation and just enjoy our dinner," Max then says, now smiling.

     Marcus couldn't say anything else and just nods his head.

     Despite the intense revelations, the two started eating in silence as if nothing happened. The silence between them didn't mean that they were angry at each other. As Max said, he wasn't angry. Cliché as it may be, Max can never really get mad at his brother. Even if Marcus points a gun at him, he'll never get mad.

...

When they finally cleared their plates, the two split the bill and headed out where the Christmas lights could be found.

     "Never knew there were this many people out in the cold during Christmas," Max says, his hands inside the pockets of his coat to prevent them from freezing.

     Marcus, who's walking beside him, glances at his brother before removing his scarf and draping it around Max. Max was surprised, but he doesn't say anything and just let Marcus put his scarf on him.

     When Max has finally warmed up thanks to the scarf, Marcus looks back at Max's eyes and tells him, "I'm sorry if I was never the kind of big brother that you needed. I always disappoint you, and at times I feel like the more I try to protect you, I end up harming you instead. I promise to be better."

     Max didn't expect his brother to suddenly say such things to him, but instead of responding, Max reaches out and flicks Marcus's forehead.

      Marcus was surprised as he starts massaging his forehead because of the pain, but his reaction made Max start laughing, so Marcus finally loosened up as he looks back at his brother with a smile.