Chapter 26: Redwood Tents and It Must Be a Dog Thing

Mature Content Warning: Not as much nonsense this time. There is sex and you have been warned.

I respect Jason and I respect his values. I can and will control myself. I am a human, not some crazed wild animal who can't control their urges. I respect Jason. I respect him. I respect him.

"Um, are you okay?" Jason asks as he drives us home.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

But I'm not. I am anything but fine right now! I know why he's asking me if I'm okay. I am curled up in a ball against the passenger's side door, trying my best to ignore him, with my body tensing as I try to suppress my urges.

It shouldn't be this hard! I have never had this much trouble controlling myself after shifting, but that idiot decided he just had to hold my hand the whole walk to the car! He kept caressing the outside of my hand with his thumb, which drove me nuts. On top of that, he decided not to put his shirt back on! Now, every time I look at him, I end up eye-fucking him and that muscular, toned chest of his. I keep imagining how nice it would be to feel that smooth, taut flesh pressed against mine and longing to run my fingers down those perfectly sculpted abs before snapping the button off his jeans and having my way with him.

"Do you have anything you want to do tonight?" he inquires quietly.

Yes. You. "Not really."

"Hmm." He looks disappointed, but I have no idea why.

The rest of the car ride is quiet. I mean completely silent. The moment we get home, I jump out of the car, grab my flowers, and run inside. I just need to get away from Jason and take a nice, long cold shower, then everything will be fine. Hopefully, I can stay under the water long enough to take care of myself without Jason noticing that anything is going on. It's going to be difficult, since I'll have to stay quiet thanks to his enhanced hearing, but I can do it.

At least, I hope I can.

As I set my flowers on the kitchen counter, I feel Jason come up behind me. The warmth of his body leans into me as he places the basket next to the bouquet. I want to move away as much as I want to lean deeper into him.

Then, he does something I was not expecting. He leans over a little, buries his nose in the crook of my neck, and inhales. The soft touch of his breath combined with the gentle movement of my hair caressing my skin sends shivers down my spine.

I respect Jason. I respect his values. I respect him. I respect him.

"Sorry," Jason mutters as he starts to pull away, "I couldn't help it. You smell amazing right now."

"It's fine." I whimper and grip the edge of the counter to keep myself steady. No, it's not fine! Get your ass back over here and keep doing what you were doing. No, better yet, do more!

"I...um," he stammers, coming a little closer again. I spin around, look up into those big brown eyes of his, and involuntarily lick my lips. I know Jason noticed because his Adam's apple moves with a hard swallow before he continues. "I should go shower."

"Yeah." I nod and he rushes off to the bathroom, leaving me in the kitchen. This is good, right? If he's in the shower, then I won't be tempted to do anything stupid. We can do this. We can make it through the next hour or so without having sex. I try to busy myself with the picnic basket when I hear movement behind me.

"I forgot my shirt."

Now, I just assume that this man is trying to kill me at this point, because when I turn around to look at him, he is standing there in nothing but his boxers! I am screaming my new mantra in my head, but it's not working.