Chapter 1- Past

Part 1

Please turn on your sound!

She was the only thing on his mind, how they met, their time together, her betrayal, and her demise. He remembered the moment as if it were paused in time. The terrible, apologetic look in her eyes as his gaze met hers. He couldn't get her out of his head. Even after she had gone to such extensive lengths to exact revenge on him he couldn't help the fire he felt inside.

He thought of her before he had found out the truth behind their relationship. Her ghostly white hair and her kind smile made him want to scream. It had all been a lie; a perfectly set trap. The very trap he and his friends didn't bother to see. She made him feel things that he had never thought possible and managed to make him fall head over heels for her. Harumi was the reason for the searing pain; the blade that had been stabbed through his heart.

Harumi wasn't the only one he had been able to love and hate. She had brought back the one other person that made him feel this way. The two people he longed to be with and want to defeat; his father and his lover.

He held the picture of  his father so tight his knuckles went white. The man he continued to call father had no love left for him. Harumi was his "child" now, not Lloyd. Garmadon was the best at pushing away the people who loved him, or at least tried to. He left his wife. He left his only son. He killed the one woman who tried to help him unlock the true evil that hides inside, the one he declared his daughter, and the one who he replaced the love with.

The thin walls of the bounty brought him back to reality. The sound of Nya and Jay in the room next door. Lloyd never realized how jealous he was of his friends until he was able to feel the same feeling of love as them. Kai had Skylor, Jay had Nya, Zane had Pixel, and Cole had his cake.

The green eyed boy wanted to scream. Skylar had been on her fathers side, but she had changed. Jealousy fumed in him. Why couldn't Harumi change? Why couldn't she see what she was doing for what it really was? Why couldn't she listen?

As his mind drifted back into his thoughts. He tried to think of how lucky he is to have his fellow brothers and sisters, how lucky he was to be able to see the good side of his father shine through, how he had a place in Ninjago, he had a purpose. None of this was able to fill the gaping hole that he so desperately tried to get rid of. He thought he had enough love in his life before he had met her. The hole was small enough to be unnoticed by him. She filled it. He had never experienced a love quite like this. She made him notice the hole she had filled. The moment she owned up to what she was trying to do the hole was completely empty. Leaving him longing for more than what he had wanted before.

All of these things tired him to the point where he drifted completely into his own world. He dreamed of the girl that had wounded him so deeply. Her fair white locks looked as if they had never seen the light of day, left to bask in the beautiful moonlight. The stars reflecting in her eyes making them appear as if they were grabbed straight from the speckled midnight sky. Her soft expression as she handed the children food.

She made sure that each child was given food. She had helped them. The image faded to them together on the deck of the bounty. Their faces were barely an inch apart. The heat of her breath hot on his face. His mind suddenly raced to their time together in the thick forest. The lovesick ninja rambled trying to save his words. His guard was down and she took the chance without thought. It was quick but meaningful. Harumi's blood red lips brushed against Lloyds cheek causing him to freeze.

This dream wasn't all good. His mind showed him how she had betrayed and manipulated him, making sure to highlight the worst of it. As it reached the end he saw Harumi's face, red paint and thick white bangs covered half of her face leaving her lips and chin completely bare. She didn't wear the bright red lipstick like when he had fallen in love with her, her lips had nothing to cover the rosy color that consumed them. She was far away on the roof of a building, but Lloyd saw her face as if it were filmed in 4K. Tears streamed down her face, an apologetic look flooded the entirety of it. Lloyd knew she had come to her senses, it relieved him. Skylar was in his arms and all he could do was watch as his father's stone figure crushed the surface she stood on. The moment moved in slow motion and he was able to see the girl fall along with the glass and cement walls. He couldn't do anything, not even move. His brain forced him to watch. As she neared the ground the dream came to an abrupt stop.

Sunlight flushed in the bedroom as the blonde sat up. He was sweating and shaking. Kai noticed the fear in his eyes and walked over to him to attempt at consoling him. Lloyd pushed it off as if it were nothing but a nightmare. Kai saw through the wall the green ninja put up but knew better than to press for an answer. So he smiled and continued to get ready for the day. Lloyd followed what the others had done as they left the room.

He froze at the sight of her. He had only started to get dressed leaving his top half bare. He lunged for his bed, more specifically the sword he lay there just moments ago. His fingers fumbled as he held the newly sharped sword in front of himself. He locked eyes with her for what felt like eternity before slamming his eyelids over the green circles. He needed to be sure this wasn't a dream but deep inside he wished it it was. He was right, as his eyes slowly opened the figure was still standing there. Harumi was alive.

Thanks for reading the first chapter of In Opposition! There is much more to come so stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

Word count: 1122

Addison•