Blades investigation [2]

My eyes widen as the knife gets closer and closer and just before it stabs into me electric tendrils shoot out past me into the Baron

"Arggggg ugh guh ugh guh ugh guh!"

As the Baron is convulsing on the ground I look back to see Zera with her hands clasped who had just finished casting a spell.

"Luna! Are you alright?"

I nodded my head weakly.

"Yes, it's just my movements are slow due to whatever he threw at me. Thanks for saving me, I didn't know you could use quick spells."

Zera looked at me concerned as she checked over my poisoned spots.

"I only know a few and they are all weak spells."

She gestured to the Baron twitching on the ground.

"Look, he's not even dead, he'll get up soon we should capture him."

"Yes we should."

I walked over slowly towards the Baron as I frowned.

Sirus wasn't a border town and the Baron had an artifact stolen from the Holy Empire and yet he also had something to do with Pravus, this wasn't good at all.

"Let's quickly bring him back to the capital for interrogation Zera, I have many questions."

"Yes you and I both-"

Zera's response was cut off by a loud shuffling and then I head a sickening sound that shook me to the core.

Shink. Drip Drip.

Looking back my eyes widened in horror as I see a knife head pierce out of Zera's abdomen, blood dripping to the ground.

"L-luna r-r-run *cough*"

Zera's weak voice is cut off as she coughs up a mouthful of blood before falling to the ground weakly.

A figure cloaked in black rags stands behind her still holding the knife.

"Zera! You fiend!"

I dash forward to attack the man but stumble as my muscles continue to shake.

Dammit I'm still poisoned!

The man looks at me fall then laughs nervously before cautiously inching towards me with the knife. In his eyes I see a look of desperation and determination to kill.

"No hard feelings but please die for me!"

He lunges out towards me with the same dagger he stabbed Zera with.

Time slows as I see blood drip off the knife as it inches closer to me.

Zera's blood.

I ignore the knife approaching me as my gaze is locked on the ever increasing pool of blood around Zera.