The future looks bright.

"Through the cobble streets a boy walked lazily with his arms behind his head in a relaxed manner. He's humming with his head turned up and his eyes almost closed. Enjoying the warm sun on his face he walks on without any care or urgency. The tune he's whistling is sweet and slow, if you heard it, you'd probably take a moment to enjoy the sun too..."

-----

Ahhh, the sun feels so good. It's that time of year between seasons when the temperature isn't too cold and the sun isn't too hot, and when they mix it's just perfect.

As I walk on, I find myself humming an old lullaby my father used to sing to me as a child. I forgot the name of it, but apparently it was about a god who fell in love with a human, quite cliché to be honest, but the melody is nice.

Nothing much happens in Itzes even though it's a border town. The Gerf Kingdom is focused on their wars with the Dirk Kingdom and the normal army was there to stop any unrest that does flow over. Itzes is not too large, about a thousand people, enough to warrant one Holy Knight actually. Since there are so few Holy Knights, only certain areas can get them and even then, usually they have to go off on missions.

Our Holy Knight is Pitri, a new Holy Knight serving the God of Purging. To be honest, he seems a bit snobbish, supposedly the God of Purging hates uncleanliness, so being out here in a border town might be testing his will. He keeps to himself and we keep to ourselves, not really a big deal.

Clack, clack, clack, clack.

"Yuleeee!!!!!!!"

I hear the clacking of running on cobblestone and someone yelling my name, then I feel someone jump and hug onto me from behind. I turn my head and there I see Nel hugging me, ahh to close, I blush a bit then separate from her.

"Nel, whats up?"

Nel seems out of a breath, she pouts a bit when I push her away but then smiles again when she notices I was blushing.

"Yule, come with us! Lets go to the point and hang out, we will be graduating soon, we should spend time together while we can!"

'The Point' is a cliff near Itzes that has a good view of the town, it's a great spot to see the sunset, although it takes a bit of a hike to get up to.

"Ehhh, I don't know, hiking takes a lot of energy..."

Nel pouts again and grabs onto my arm shaking me.

"Lazy! Yule is lazy! Lazy Yule!"

Eh it's not lazy, it's a fact, a fact! As she is shaking me I see two figures approaching. One is extremely large and the other is quite thin. 

A deep voice sounds out behind me.

"Indeed Yule, if you wish to grow strong you must put in the effort."