"I'll see you tomorrow, [Name]"

Camilo said as he taunted you with a wave. When you arrived home, your mother set the basket of mangoes on the kitchen counter then looked at you furiously.

"I really can't count you to do one simple thing can't I, hija?"

You pursed your lips as she looked at you disappointedly with her hands on her hips.

"You ought to only get one basket of mangoes! One basket! It wasn't that many yet you decided to bother one of the Madrigals to come to help you"

She scolded you as you held back the bile rising in your throat

"But mamá-"

"[Name], there are people out there that need more help than you do. The next time I send you out with a task, don't try hogging all the helping hand to yourself! Dios mio, if Camilo was my son, he would've done that easier without any help"

After those aching words, she turns away from you and grumbly started working in the kitchen. You retreated soundlessly to your room. When you closed your door, you let out a choked sob. Out of all the things your mother said, you hated how she compared you to Camilo. You hated being compared with anybody in general. You were fine until that boy came in.

Camilo was playing with the children when his eyes accidentally saw your figure walking by, his heart skipped a beat in excitement. He told the kids that they'll play again later and immediately followed you. He shapeshifted into one of the little children named Cecilia to not gain any suspicion. You were peacefully buying ingredients at the market, you wanted to be quick so you wouldn't encounter that bastard named Camilo. Suddenly, you felt someone tugging your skirt and you looked down to see "Cecilia" smiling. You awkwardly tried to smile at her but gently removed your skirt from her grip and wordlessly walked away.

You have zero interaction with the people in Encanto so you were unaware of how to react to that little girl. You found out that she was following you around like a lost puppy. You were confused but walked faster. Trouble soon meets you when Cecilia revealed herself to be Camilo and effortlessly swiped the bags of groceries from your hand then greets you with a huge grin.

"You look so sad and tired, [Name]. Let me carry these bags for you, princesa"

You balled your hands into fists as your melancholy expression turns into frustration. You should've known that it would be hard to avoid him since he can be seen at every corner of Encanto.

"Why don't you shapeshift into a clown and go back to entertaining those silly kids. Oh wait, you're already are one"

Damn, I didn't know you had it in you

"¡Ay me lastimaste, [Name]! Why don't you assist me with the entertainment, you're funny enough to be a mime"

Camilo then pretended to be a mime and mocked you with this ugly sad expression on his face. You crossed your arms, your temper growing short.

"What do you want from me, Camilo?"

You ask. Then he quickly linked his arm with yours as he pulled you in the direction of your house. To your horror, you began trying to stop him, you couldn't afford to be seen by your mother like this again.

"¡Oye, detente, tú gilipolas!"

You pleaded but it was too late when your mother found you walking with Camilo, carrying the groceries. You can see how your mother immediately faked a smile and thanked him again. You dreaded about getting an earful from her later. You tried your best not to cry in front of him.